- 3 zucchini shredded
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 containers chicken stock
- 1/4 cup pastina
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan reggiano and 1 tbsp to stir into the soup prior to serving
- Shred zucchini (either manually or with the shredder attachment for the Kitchenaid stand).
- Add onion, garlic, and zucchini (with juice) into a large sauce pan. Cook on medium heat with lid on until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Once it's boiling add pastina and lower the heat to medium.
- Stir in Parmesan Reggiano prior to serving, ladle soup into bowls, and top each bowl with another tablespoon of cheese.