Roasted Cauliflower and White Beans
I’m always look for new side dishes. Unique side dishes that stand out among the rest. I love cauliflower, yet hardly ever cook with it. For some reason I was compelled to pick up a head of cauliflower, and after a little browsing around the internet for ideas I made this roasted cauliflower with white beans. First off, I would have never thought to roast cauliflower OR white beans. This is a hearty side dish and to be honest you could easily skip a carb with this hearty side dish.
This side dish would compliment turkey as well. If your looking for a last minute side dish you might want to give this one a try. The earthy-ness of the rosemary screams fall/winter time (to me)! Whether or not you make it for Thanksgiving I highly suggest giving this side dish a try sometime soon.
Adapted from: Everyday Food, November 2011
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 15oz. can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating toss the chopped cauliflower with one tablespoon olive oil. Place on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting; in a small bowl combine one teaspoon of olive oil, panko breadcrumbs, grated pecorino romano, and rosemary. Set to the side.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and toss white beans, red pepper flakes, crushed garlic, and lemon zest. Once the roasted cauliflower is well tossed top with the panko mixture.
- Place the cauliflower back in the oven for 5 minutes or until panko turns golden brown.