My husband LOVES biscuits and gravy. I’ve recently started making my own gravy after watching a food network special and realized it was super easy! I still haven’t made the brave move yet to making home made biscuits… it’s a goal of mine in 2010. For now I still use the Pillsbury biscuits!
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in sauce pan on med-low. Add a little bit of pepper to the mix *I like to use a mix of ground black pepper and coarse black pepper
- Once butter is melted create a rue whisking in the flour to the butter. Make sure there are no clumps!
- Once rue has been created slowly whisk in milk. Keep your flame on med-low. Slowly, you'll notice that the mix will start to thicken up as you whisk the sauce.
- Add more pepper to taste and a little salt if needed and pour on top of biscuits!