The day I made the Greek Pasta Salad I had no intentions of making a fully themed Greek dinner; however, the wheels in my brain started turning and it was “downhill” from there. Although, it wasn’t downhill in a bad way… we were just riding on this spiral of Greek food! I love using Greek seasoning–I think its the perfect blend of spices and isn’t too spicy or salty.
When I don’t know what to season something with I always tend to reach for the Greek seasoning. I’ve been going through it like it is my job lately. I had planned to grilled the chicken strips with a little olive oil and greek seasoning and then I looked on my cutting board and saw all the fresh dill neatly chopped and figured, why not put some on… and then I did something crazy. I reached for the feta and sprinkled it on the chicken. Why not? Why not, grill the feta on the chicken?!? So I did… and it was amazing and full of flavor.
I’ve entered this recipe in the Mr. Food search for the ultimate weeknight meal contest. These chicken strips along with the pasta salad and corn are simple to make and best of all–all three dishes take under 30 minutes. Making this the ideal weeknight meal or a great way to entertain and actually enjoy your time with your guest and not slaving away in the kitchen!
Source: Katie Original
- 1 lb chicken strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp feta + more for garnish
- Preheat your grill to high heat, clean, and lower to medium heat.
- While the grill is preheating you'll want to rinse and chicken, and pat dry with paper towel. Then drizzle olive oil over chicken, sprinkle Greek seasoning, dill, and feta on both sides of the chicken. Make sure all parts of the chicken is covered.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Serve immediately.