This is a sponsored recipe on behalf of STOK® Grills. As always, all opinions are my own.
Fire up the grill for a delicious grilled holiday side dish! Last week, I shared my grilled honey bourbon ham steaks. Today, I’m sharing an easy to make side dish on the grill. Did you know that you can grill acorn squash? Yep, you read that right.
I used my STŌK® Quattro™ 4-Burner Gas Grill for this recipe (and all my other grilling recipes). STŌK has a wide variety of Grill Inserts for the grill. They have Grill Inserts that allow you to change the Grill Grate to a Pizza Stone, Griddle, Vegetable Tray or any other STOK® Grill Insert. For this recipe though, I stuck with the traditional Grill Grate. If the acorn squash was a little thinner I would have opted for the veggie basket. I knew the pieces were thick enough and wouldn’t fall through the grill.
I sprayed non-stick cooking spray on the grill and then seasoned the acorn squash with salt, pepper, and a dash of garlic powder. I grilled on a low flame turning once until the squash segments were tended. I removed them from the grill and drizzled honey on top!
In less than 30 minutes you have a seasonal holiday side dish that your friends and family can enjoy. If your looking to switch up your Christmas dinner I invite you to try my recipe for Grilled Honey Acorn Squash.
Grilled Honey Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash cut in 8 slices
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey divided
- Preheat the STOK grill to high heat. Clean the grill and then reduce the heat to low (grill temperature should sit around 300-350 degrees).
- Slice the acorn squash in half. Remove all the seeds with a spoon. Then slice into 8 segments. Drizzle grapeseed oil oven the acorn squash and sprinkle the salt, black pepper, garlic powder on the acorn squash. Rub with fingers then add a dash of cayenne.
- Spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray. Place the acorn squash segments on the grill. Grill with lid closed for 20 minutes. Flipping at the 10 minute mark.
- Remove the acorn squash once tender. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.