Bruschetta. How I love thee. I could eat bowls full of tomato and basil bruschetta. It had been a few years since last making a bruschetta chicken pasta. It use to be my go-to meal and to be honest I have no clue why it fell off the radar. I never blogged about it, so that right there tells me that I think its been almost 4 years since I’ve last made it. If I didn’t blog about it most likely it can be dated as a pre-blog recipe. When I made the recipe I would use a soup-mix pouch to get a lot of the flavors. I did not have the mix on hand and figured I would create my own version using fresh ingredients and flavors!
I also had fresh homemade spaghetti on hand. I knew I needed to use it up and that is how this Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken came to life. You see, in the summer months I do everything possible to not turn on my oven. I will cook on the stove-top (although still heats up the house quite a bit). Since the pasta was already cooked all I really needed to do was heat up the sauce and in the last few minutes of cooking add the freshly made spaghetti. I fired up my grill and cooked 2 chicken breast which we then turned into a meal for four (or dinner for the two of us and lunch the next day for both of us). If you are looking for a fresh new take on Italian comfort food I would highly suggest you give this recipe a try!
Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken
For The Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For The Pasta
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Diced Roma Tomatoes 4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- Half Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 4 cups Homemade Spaghetti
- 15 Basil Leaves Chiffonade
For the Chicken:
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill well then reduce grill to medium heat.
- While the grill is pre-heating, in a zip top bag add chicken breast, Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, and olive oil. Seal bag and mix well until the chicken has been coated with the seasoning.
- Place on the grill and cook for 12 minutes (turning once in between). Using a thermometer, make sure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove chicken from the grill, let it rest for a few minutes, then slice chicken at a diagonal.
For the Pasta:
- In a large skillet add olive oil, butter, and garlic to the skillet. Head on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Then add the diced roma tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted garlic & herb seasoning and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Toss cooked pasta into the sauce and cook for one additional minute. Before plating, add fresh basil leaves. Mix well, and then divide the pasta amongst four plates. Add half a chicken breast on top of each plate of pasta and enjoy!
So delicious I’ll definitely make this again. Love the lemony flavor of the sauce
Trudy, thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review! So happy you enjoyed this recipe.
Made this tonight added artichokes and a sprinkle of feta cheese. Very yummy!
Hi Sam, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback! I love the additions you made to this meal! I’ll have to remember to try that the next time!
Made this pasta for my husband and myself. He couldn’t stop raving about how amazing it was. When I told him I saw it a couple months ago and figured I would give it a try he looked at me and exclaimed, “you’ve had this for months and just now made it!?” Needless to say it gets made once a week now.
Natalie, I’m so glad you guys loved this pasta. It’s so good and hits our dinner table at least twice a month. I love how fresh and full of flavor it is!
This was delicious! Not too heavy and the fresh herbs and tomatoes made it just right! I didn’t change on ingredient in the recipe. Definitely a make again – thank you!
I absolutely LOVED this recipe! Here’s my blogpost on it: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2014/11/bruschetta-chicken-pasta.html
Thanks so much for sharing!!
I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe! It’s one of our favorites, too!
Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic
YUM!!! I’d love for you to share this at my Saturday Dishes Link Party this weekend! It’s a themed link up & this week’s theme is Memorial Day & Grilling! Feel free to share other old or new posts that fit the theme as well if you have them! (: