Fire up the grill, and cook my recipe for Grilled BBQ Turkey Breast. Most people tend to stay away from turkey unless its during the winter months for the holidays. However, we eat turkey year round in my home. Mainly turkey breast. During the summer months I love to grill turkey breast. Today, I’m sharing my favorite and easiest way to grill turkey breast. I formally introduce you to Grilled BBQ Turkey Breast. When I say it’s easy, it really is. All you need is one turkey breast and your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce. That is honestly it.
The National Turkey Federation supports its farmers to raise well-treated turkeys in comfortable settings that are environmentally safe and that by doing so raise the tastiest turkey. They hope this inspires you to try an unexpected, healthy and flavorful lean protein. Turkey–delicious, versatile and available in a variety of cuts, turkey is naturally low in fat and provides immune-boosting nutrients like iron, zinc and potassium. It’s also packed with lean protein to keep people feeling full longer and satisfy their appetite for health and fitness.
Many retail stores carry turkey cuts and value-added product, packaged individually and sized right for everyday meals. Some cuts, such as turkey tenderloin, are available pre-marinated and ready to roast or grill, depending on your preferences. Turkey can also be used interchangeably with chicken with small adjustments in cooking time. Simply put, turkey is as easy to prepare and serve as any other poultry or meat! In the case of my recipe for Grilled Barbecue Turkey Breast it only takes about 15 minutes longer to cook the turkey on the grill verse chicken.
And a win-win since my toddler loves turkey and love barbecue sauce. When I’m cooking a larger bird I typically like to brine it, but I don’t find it’s needed with the smaller turkey breast. I cut a slit in the skin of the turkey breast and massage the barbecue sauce underneath the skin. With this method you don’t need to marinate the turkey, because it penetrates through the meat. It’s so good and so easy to do.
Serve my recipe of Grilled Barbecue Turkey Breast with loaded mashed potatoes and my barbecue-style green beans!
Grilled BBQ Turkey Breast
- 1 1.80 lb. turkey breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided
- Preheat the grill to high heat, with all four burners going.
- While the grill preheats, rinse and pat dry the turkey breast. Then pull the skin to the breast back forming a little pocket and pour in a half cup of barbecue sauce. Massage the sauce into the breast and work it all around the meat. Then, drizzle about 1- 2 tablespoons on top of the breast.
- Spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray. Lower all but 1 of the burners down to low. Place the turkey breast on top of the grill grates on the low setting, bone side down. The burner furthest from the turkey breast should be on high. Place a lid on top and cook for 20 minutes. Then, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the turkey breast from the grill. Brush with remaining sauce and cut into slices. Enjoy immediately. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.