Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy is the perfect comfort food dinner recipe you can enjoy year round and in under an hour.
I love a good turkey dinner. The problem is, like most American’s, we reserve turkey for the holidays. We (or at least I) forget and neglect turkey all year round. Fear no more, my recipe for Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy will have you enjoying this lean white meat all year round. The creamy mushroom gravy gives this a year long flavor verse traditional turkey gravy that we typically reserve for the holidays.
What do you need to make turkey tenderloins in the Instant Pot?
If your planning to cook turkey tenderloins with gravy in the Instant Pot here are a few of the kitchen items you will need.
How long does it take to cook turkey tenderloins in a pressure cooker?
The turkey tenderloins I cooked for this recipe were three individual tenderloins and weighted 1.25 lbs total. I seared them for about 3 minutes on each side allowing them too have a nice golden brown crust. Then, I cooked them on the “meat” setting for 5 minutes. Once the turkey tenderloins were done I let the Instant Pot come to natural pressure for at least 5 minutes. Then, I carefully forced the remaining pressure.
Can you overcook meat pressure cooker?
A question I get all the time “can you overcook meat in the pressure cooker”? The answer is YES! I’ve done extensive testing on all my pressure cooker/Instant Pot recipes in hopes that no one will have to endure eating overcooked meat! It’s always better to under cook and have to add a few more minutes of cooking time then overcook and have dried out meat.
How do you make turkey tenderloins in the Instant Pot?
No need to wait for the holidays any longer. If your craving turkey or heck, maybe you want to make this Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy for the holidays. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try!
Here are a few other recipes that you can serve with the turkey tenderloins:
- Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower
- Green Beans with Caramelized Pearl Onions
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Maple Bourbon Glazed Carrots
- Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pint of baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1.42 lbs turkey tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn the Instant Pot on to “sauté“ mode. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the Instant Pot, and add the diced onions and minced garlic. Let cook for one minute then add the container of sliced baby Bella mushrooms. Sauté and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, season the turkey tenderloins with the ground sage, garlic powder, salt, black pepper on both sides. Move the the mushrooms, onions, garlic to the side and place 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of the pot. Place the turkey tenderloins in the Instant Pot and sear for two minutes on each side until a light golden crust begins (about 3 minutes.
- Remove the turkey tenderloins from the Instant Pot, and deglaze with 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Stir the mushrooms and onions around making sure to remove all the brown bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Once again, move the mushroom mixture to the sides, and add the turkey tenderloins back into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, moving the pressure valve to “sealing“ and set on “meat/stew“ setting for 6 minutes. Once the Instant Pot is done cooking let it rest for an additional 5 minutes. Carefully force the pressure out of the Instant Pot. Remove the turkey tenderloins from the Instant Pot, turn it off and then on again and select "sauté" mode.
- Create a cornstarch slurry in a bowl mixing both cornstarch and 1/4 cup chicken stock. Begin to stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot, and mix until the sauce thickens. Add in half cup of heavy cream, stir well, and turn the Instant Pot off.
- Slice the turkey tenderloins, place back in the Instant Pot. Coat the turkey with the creamy mushroom sauce, then divide evenly among plates. Ladle additional mushroom cream sauce on top.