The first day of summer has gone and past and now we can officially say summer is here and here to stay. During the sweltering hot summer days my husband I find our selves sipping on mojitio’s. I’m not a huge fan of the traditional mojito, so I decided to make an extra-summertime like drink; Strawberry Mojito. I feel that the strawberry mojito is refreshing and screams summer. My husband on the other hand doesn’t care how is mojito is made–as long as it’s a mojito! On evenings that we actually have a breeze (which are few and far between) we sit out on the patio and sip on this dreamy summertime cocktail.
I used the strawberry simple syrup I shared last week instead of the traditional simple syrup. I also muddle fresh strawberries with the mint to give it an extra boost of berry flavor! You can easily adapt this recipe to make it a non-alcoholic beverage. Just omit the rum! Easy as that. To be honest, most days that how I drink my mojito. If you are entertaining this summer you could make a mojito bar where everyone can create their own fruit infused mojito. Simply make a few different fruit infused simple syrups, have bowls of fresh fruit out, club soda, rum, limes and of course don’t forget the mint! Mint is kind of key to a mojito! I think guest would enjoy making their own fruit-infused mojitos and of course for the strawberry lover they will really enjoy making the strawberry mojito.
If you love strawberries and love mojito’s I’m pretty sure this will soon become your official summertime drink!
Katie Original Recipe
- 6 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2-3 strawberries diced + 1 additional strawberry for garnish
- 2 oz Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Citrus Rum
- 4 oz Club Soda
- Place mint leaves and diced strawberries in bottom of cocktail shaker. Muddle until most of the strawberries are smashed. Pour in the strawberry simple syrup into the glass, citrus rum, and a few ice cubes to chill the drink, then top with club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a fresh strawberry. Enjoy.