Get ready… the peach recipes will be flowing all month long. After our visit to Lane Southern Orchards last month I stocked up on peaches and cooked up a bunch of Katie Original recipes as I like to dub them! Growing up I never acquired the taste for peaches. Even in my early 20’s I had no desire for them. Something has clicked with me over the past year–I love them… to an extent. To the extent and ways that I have utilized peaches in my meals.
The pungent taste of peaches doesn’t always mix well with my pallet. Take peach sweet tea… never been a fan of it. To me it has always tasted too processed like. So when I dreamed up this recipe I knew I couldn’t have that pungent processed artificial taste. That’s when it occurred to me to mix the mint in with the peach. I made the peach purée with part of the intention to use it in this recipe… the mint-infused simple syrup on the other hand was purely for mojito madness (which I’ll post next week).
The mint / peach combination pairs beautifully and is beyond refreshing on a steamy hot Florida summer day. I shared my sorbet with my family on 4th of July as we all sat pool side sweating to death during a mid-afternoon rain shower.
Everyone loved this decadent dairy free dessert. And just as pictured I paired it with a few slices of fresh peaches. Upon the first bite, prepare to have a massive mint sensation, after that the mint flavors tone down and the peach really shines through.
Katie Original Recipe
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment
- 2 cups Peach Purée
- 2 cups Mint-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl add 2 cups Peach Puree, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix well until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to your manufacturers directions.
- Once mixture has firmed up, transfer to an airtight container and chill fooor at least 3-4 hours. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.