Take ripe peaches and puree in a food processor in minutes to make a delicious and easy peach puree. Peach Purée is perfect to use in drinks, soups, stews, or desserts.
Last month I had the opportunity to visit Lane Southern Orchards while passing through Georgia. I bought 2 massive boxes of peaches for just $30. At that point my husband officially declared me crazy. He did not think I could use 150+ peaches in one week. Well, after distributing quite a few peaches to family and friends and I was left with oh… 50? I dreamed up quite a few recipes on my own…
A few of the recipes required peach pureé. For some of us home cooks and trained culinary professionals this is a no brainer; however, I know that there are some home cooks in training out there that might not know about puree vegetables/fruits/etc… so I decided I would write up a little post on this puree.
The beauty of purees is that you just blend the fruit until its in liquid form. I did not strain this peach purée recipe. I kept it just as it was out of the food processor. I used mason jars to store my peach purée. It stores best in the refrigerator for up to 1 week! Stay tuned because I have a few recipes in the works that I’ll be sharing that have peach purée included!
Here are a few of my favorite peach recipes.
- Peach Cobbler
- Israeli Couscous Stuffed Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Peaches with Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream
- Peach Mojitos
- Skillet Peach Cobbler
- Peach-Apple Crisp
- Peach Baby Food
If you make this recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a ⭐ star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
- Food Processor
- 8 peaches
- Peal the skin off each peach, wash, and chop the peach all the way down to the core.
- In a food processor add half the peaches and puree until no chunks are present. Repeat until all peaches have been pureed.
- Seal in an airtight jar (like a mason jar) for up to 1 week.
- Freeze leftovers in half cup increments in a freezer safe container or bag.
- Use in drinks, soups, desserts, and more.