Combine fresh peaches, ripe plum tomatoes, and fresh herbs to create the ultimate peach salsa recipe from scratch. Perfect to dip with a chip, top on fish, or even spread on a taco!
Peach season is nearing the end and what better way to commemorate the season than to make a delicious fresh and homemade peach salsa. I’ve made mango salsa and watermelon salsa a few times, so it was only a no brainer to make a peach variation. While dreaming up ideas for dinner a few years ago, I decided to make a big batch of peach salsa verse my homemade salsa recipe that I make on a weekly basis.
If dinner isn’t close to being ready by the time my husband gets home from work we typically have what we call an appetizer and indulge in some chips and dip. If my husband had his way he would eat greasy potato chips with fattening french onion dip. But me, being the good and health conscious wife I am always try to have healthy options on hand. Hence why I pretty much always have fresh salsa in the fridge! It’s light enough to not ruin dinner yet filling enough to keep us content.
- Cilantro – Fresh is always best for this recipe.
- Lime – If you don’t have fresh lime on hand you can use lime concentrate.
- Red bell Pepper – You can use orange or even yellow for this recipe if you don’t have red bell pepper on hand.
- Red Onion – I like red onion because its less pungent and sweeter then traditional white onion. But if for some reason you don’t have red you can use white.
- Garlic Powder – A little garlic powder is all you need.
- Cumin – I love the flavors of cumin.
- Chili Powder – This is what I use for all my salsa recipes.
- Brown Sugar – I like to add a little brown sugar to bring out the sweetness of the peaches.
- Peaches – Fresh ripe peaches are all I ever use for this recipe. I’ve never used frozen peaches for this recipe before.
- Plum Tomatoes – I like to use firm plum tomatoes when making salsa. Over time the tomatoes will soften and break down.
This is what it should look like after being processed.
Then add in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, peeled and halved peaches, and quartered plum tomatoes. Pulse for 5-10 seconds until diced up.
Serve the peach tomato salsa immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 4-6 days.
If you refrigerate the salsa in an airtight container it will last 4-6 days before going bad.
Peach salsa is easy to make. By combining peaches, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, red bell pepper, and some seasonings in a food processor. Blend until everything is in bite-size pieces. You can also hand chop all the ingredients if you don’t have a blender!
Yes! Just make sure to clean the skin very well. If you decide to peel the peaches using a serrated peeler is much easier to peel the soft fleshy skin.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks I’ve found helpful when making this peach salsa recipe.
- Prep – Prep all the veggies ahead of time to make this a quick recipe.
- Chill – I like to chill this salsa before serving. But if your veggies are cold, you will get the same immediate effect.
- No need to peel – I don’t find that you need to peel the peaches for this recipe. But if you prefer to take the extra step you can.
This peach salsa recipe would also compliment a grilled pork tenderloin or chicken breast. My favorite way is peach salsa for fish. Always an easy way to spice of fish. Another great idea is a fresh summer spinach salad, and use a few spoonful of peach salsa instead of dressing. Or of course you can scoop up the peach salsa with crispy tortilla chips! Peach salsa is perfect for munching on poolside, too!
Looking for more peach recipes? I have quite a few.
If you make this recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
- Food Processor
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- ¼ Red bell pepper
- ¼ Red onion
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 3 Peaches peeled and halved
- 2 Plum tomatoes quartered
- In a food processor combine, fresh cilantro, lime juice, red bell pepper and red onion. Pulse for 15 seconds.
- Then add in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, peeled and halved peaches, and quartered plum tomatoes. Pulse for 5-10 seconds until diced up.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 4-6 days.
- This recipe makes 4 cups of salsa.
- For best results refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Dip with chips or serve on top of seafood, chicken, or pork.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!