Candy Bar Cookies
These Candy Bar Cookies have the base of a traditional chocolate chip cookie, and incorporates any leftover candy bars you might have laying around! The sky is the limit–chop up your favorite candy bars and add them in these sweet cookies.
Happy Halloween! I can’t believe I’ve held out all month sharing a sweet treat. Yesterday, after leaving my doctors appointment I was craving cookies. I’ve been very good (and so has my husband) and neither of us have tapped into the Halloween candy bars. Although, I will admit my neighbor did bring over a bag of half-opened candy to get it out of her house and we have had a few kit kats here and there. But other than that–we haven’t tapped into our own stash. Do you eat the Halloween candy that you bought for trick or treaters or save it for the kids like we do?
Back to these Candy Bar Cookies… I tapped into some of the candy I had on hand. Miniature Kit Kat bars (from our neighbor), some miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and a bag of m&m’s I picked up at the store! I chopped up the soft chocolates (Kit Kat Bars and Reese’s) and mixed those into the butter mixture, pour the dry flour mixture in and during the last few seconds I mixed in the bag of M&M’s. If you want these to be Fully Loaded Candy Bar Cookies you could easily add even more candy bars to the mix. Just make sure you chop the candy bars small enough. I also used my favorite OXO cookie scoop. Using the medium scoop made it no-mess and gave me 36 beautiful soft candy bar cookies!
Oh and if your wondering what the gender of the baby is… head on over to my DIY blog Sew Woodsy where I share a very unique Halloween inspired gender reveal!
Katie Original Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 individual Kit Kat Bars, chopped small
- 1/2 cup mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped small
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package (3.14oz) M&M
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a KitchenAid stand mixer, begin to cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Then add the vanilla extract and eggs (one at a time). Mix until incorporated about 1 minute. Then add in chopped Kit Kat Bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Mix for 10 seconds until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the stand mixer, and mix for 30 seconds or until well incorporated. Add the package of M&M to the bowl and mix until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix one last time (for about 5-10 seconds.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, begin scooping dough and placing on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let sit on the hot cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been made.
*You can add any type of candy bars you'd like. You can also add more candy, but not less than what is in the directions above. You could supplement chocolate chips for M&M's if need be. If you don't feel like using all the dough in one sitting, seal well and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74