This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Enjoy this sweet and salty Halloween Snack Mix at your next Halloween party. The perfect way to use up candy plus add in the salty like pretzels and bugles.
This Halloween Snack Mix is addicting. I say that as I’m typing this post and eating a bag full of this mix. If your looking for a fun way to incorporate some Halloween candy and don’t want the kids wired on all the chocolate this is the way. Kids get hungry and we all know that candy is not going to fill their stomachs.
Why not make a mix with pretzels, popcorn, bugles, and Chex cereal plus a light drizzle of colored white chocolate, sprinkles (lots and lots of sprinkles) a few pieces of chocolate candy plus fun gummy Halloween candies. That combo of a mix is sure to be a crowd pleaser for both young and old.
How do you make Halloween Snack Mix?
I start by gathering all my ingredients on the counter. I like to use the largest bowl I have. You want to start with the snack like foods first like the bugles, chex, pretzels, and popcorn. Then add in half the chocolate bars. I melt each colored white chocolate individually and drizzle with a spoon. Then add sprinkles. Repeat until you are done with however many colors you would like to add on the popcorn. Place the mix in the refrigerator so the chocolate will set. Add the gummies once ready to serve. Easy as that!
My new found friends at Sweets and Treats asked us to select two different styles of sprinkles to use in recipes this week. I’ll be honest–I loved ALL the sprinkles. I’m ready to put in a huge sprinkle order. lol
Treat Street also sent me these awesome Gummy Zombie Hands and Gummy Eyeballs. I’ve been having to fend off my four year old from both of these.
Yesterday, I shared my recipe for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites. These are the perfect addition for my Halloween Snack Mix.
What supplies do you need to make Halloween Snack Mix?
Here are all the items I used for my Halloween Snack Mix. The great thing about this snack mix is that you can mix and match and their really isn’t a wrong ingredient to put in it!
- Large Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Chex Cereal
- Wilton Candy Melts
- Sweets and Treats Sprinkles
- Halloween Candy
- Treat Street Gummies
The day I made this snack mix, I packaged them up and brought them to my son’s school as a fun after school treat. All the kids loved them, and most parents did too! I plan to make this mix for our Halloween party this month, and prepackage them into snack bags for kids and adults to enjoy at the party or later on at home! If your having a party or need to make something for a Halloween party–I think you’ll love my easy recipe for Halloween Snack Mix.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Pook’s Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Monster Fudge from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Graveyard Pie from Eat Move Make
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon’s Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Graveyard Dip from Mildly Meandering
- Eyeball Cake Balls from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Snack Mix from Katie’s Cucina
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Disclaimer: I received the sprinkles and gummies for free. I am not being paid to promote these items. All opinions are always my own. There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on this post I will receive a small portion of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Halloween Snack Mix
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Plain Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Bugles
- 2 cups Tiny Twist Pretzels
- 2 cups Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites
- 12 mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 pieces of Whoppers
- 12 mini Kit Kats
- 12 mini Hershey Bar Rectangles
- 12 Milk Duds
- 1 oz. Wilton Orange White Chocolate Melts
- 1 oz. Wilton Green White Chocolate Melts
- 1 oz. Wilton Purple White Chocolate Melts
- 1 tablespoon Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Haunted House
- 1 tablespoon Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Dragon Dreams
- 12 Gummy Eyeballs
- 4 Gummy Zombie Hands
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, plain Chex cereal, bugles and plain pretzels. Mix well then add in the Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites plus all the mini chocolate bars. Toss again (make sure you save half the candy for the top layer since it's heavier it will immediately sink to the bottom when you start to toss.
- Melt the chocolate melts separately and drizzle on top of the mix. Then sprinkle with sprinkles. Set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so the white chocolate hardens.
- Lastly, add in the gummy eyeballs and gummy zombie hands. Set out for friends and family to enjoy OR scoop into bags to hand out at a party.