My monster Halloween pretzels will be a new October tradition. They are perfect for any kid or adult Halloween party or a fun sweet and salty snack during the month of October!
Halloween Pretzels have become an October tradition in my home. My kids love getting involved (and a little messy) by making a batch of these adorable monster pretzels. The best part about this easy Halloween snack is that anyone can make them and their is really no right or wrong way to make them!
After we make a batch of these monster pretzels (once they are cooled) I like to then make a Halloween snack mix. I’ll package some the snack mix up and hand it out to neighbors OR serve it at our Halloween party.
- White Chocolate melts – I like to use a high quality white chocolate. I find that it melts easier.
- Pretzels – I prefer using smaller pretzels, but any size that you have on hand will do.
- Candy Eyes – I like to use the Wilton brand that are hard candy eyes, but any brand will do.
Place one of the colors of the White Chocolate Melts into a glass bowl. Microwave at 50% for 60 seconds. Carefully, remove and stir until smooth.
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Then, place 2-3 pretzels, face down into the chocolate color of choice. Push down then pull up using the bamboo skewer. Carefully, place each pretzel on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Then add eyes. Repeat until you have as many pretzels made as you would like. Repeat with each color of chocolate until done.
Supplies needed for dipping Halloween pretzels:
Here are a few of the basic supplies you’ll need for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites.
- Silicone Baking Mat or Silicone Baking Mat
- Baking Sheet
- Pyrex Glass container
- White Chocolate Melts
- Wood Skewers
- Tiny Twists Pretzels
- Candy Eyeballs
Once you have all these supplies you are ready to start dipping. This will take quite a bit of time. I’m being generous with saying it will take 30 minutes. It just depends on how many pretzels you really want to dip. The best part is that you can refrigerate in an airtight container until your ready to serve for up to a few days.
PRO TIP: I work with one color at a time. I find it to be much more manageable.
You can make chocolate covered pretzels up to two weeks ahead of time. Just make sure to store them at room temperature in a cool place in an air tight container.
You need to apply the candy eyeballs or sprinkles right after the pretzels have been dipping in the warm chocolate to ensure they will stick.
Make sure the chocolate covered pretzels are fully dry and hardened then add them to a bag where you can secure them closed.
Best tips for dipping pretzels in white chocolate
I hate getting super messy in the kitchen. Most years–I try to avoid dipped pretzels like this. However, certain holidays call for dipper pretzels, and Halloween is one of them. Here are a few of my tips to keep this recipe as mess-free as possible.
- I like to use a large wood skewer and a spoon to pull the pretzels out of the chocolate.
- Keep your chocolate soft and melted which will allow for not as thick of coats to the pretzels.
- Using a spoon to help smooth out the white chocolate helps.
- Place a pretzel flat into the white chocolate. Push lightly in the middle of the pretzel twist. Then, using a skewer start to pull the pretzel out.
- Place parchment paper or silicone baking mat on a baking sheet. This will help for easy transporting to and from the refrigerator without moving the wet pretzels.
Looking for more delicious Halloween recipes to make? Try these!
If your ready to amp up your Halloween and get your kids super excited for the holiday coming up definitely make my super simple Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites.
If you make this Halloween Pretzels recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a ⭐ star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Silicone Spatula
- 1 Microwave
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Bamboo skewers
- 6 ounces Orange White Chocolate Melts
- 6 ounces Green White Chocolate Melts
- 6 ounces Purple White Chocolate Melts
- 60 Small Pretzels
- 100 Candy Eyeballs
- Place one of the colors of the Wilton White Chocolate Melts into a glass bowl. Microwave at 50% for 60 seconds. Carefully, remove and stir until smooth.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Then, place 2-3 pretzels, face down into the chocolate color of choice. Push down then pull up using the bamboo skewer. Carefully, place each pretzel on the parchment lined baking sheet.60 Small Pretzels
- Then add eyes. Repeat until you have as many pretzels made as you would like. Repeat with each color of chocolate until done.100 Candy Eyeballs
- White Chocolate Melts – You can use any color white chocolate candy melts you would like for this recipe.
- Mummy Pretzels – To make mummies you can dip the pretzels in white chocolate then drizzle white chocolate strands over top making it look like bandages.
- Pretzel Size – You can make this recipe with any size pretzels. I just prefer the mini ones so they are bite size!