Make a ghoulish snack, lunch or dinner for your ghouls with this easy recipe for Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast. A thrilling Halloween treat for all!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
A few months ago, I shared how much my kids loved pepperoni pizza toast. When I started brainstorming recipe ideas for Halloween Treats Week a fun spin on pizza toast kept coming to mind! Although not a sweet treat its a savory one that I’m sure your family and friends will love. I’m excited to share my spooky twist on the classic pizza toast with my Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast recipe.
Kitchen tools you will need to make Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast
Here are a few kitchen tools you will need to make this mummy pizza toast. They are basic kitchen items you most likely already have on hand.
How do you make Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast?
First, you want to lightly toast your bread. While your bread is slightly toasting gather all of your ingredients to make assembly a breeze.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the lightly toasted bread on the baking sheet. Then, top with marinara sauce. Next, take the pieces of string cheese and place them diagonal over the marinara. I use about 1 string cheese per slice of toast. Then, add either mini pepperoni or sliced black olives at the top of the toast to resemble eyes. Bake in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni has cooked.
As soon as the toast is done, remove from the oven, slice (if desired) and serve immediately!
If your looking for a festive Halloween lunch time idea or maybe even an afternoon snack. This recipe for Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast is the ticket.
Halloween Treat Recipes
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jack Skellington Peanut Butter Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Bloody Good Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce divided
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks cheese pulled off
- 4 mini pepperoni slices
- 4 sliced black olives
- Lightly toast the sandwich bread.
- Once the bread is lightly toasted, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the lightly toasted bread on the baking sheet.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top each slice of toast with one tablespoon marinara sauce. Next, take the pieces of string cheese and place them diagonal over the marinara.
- Next, add either mini pepperoni or sliced black olives at the top of the toast to resemble eyes.
- Bake in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni has cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.