Create English Muffin Pizzas with 5 ingredients or less in under 10 minutes time! This recipe is my favorite way to get children in the kitchen and makes for a quick lunch or after-school snack.
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThomasKitchenCreations
Who is looking for a quick and easy lunch or mid-afternoon snack recipe? ME! I partnered with my friends from Thomas’® English Muffins to create this classic childhood recipe of mine. Both my husband and I grew up making English Muffin Pizzas with our parents.
We are so excited and happy to share this recipe with our kids and make memories that will last a life time with them. What we love most about Thomas’® English Muffins is that they are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside — They are the only English muffin with the original Nooks & Crannies® texture!
- Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins – This is the base for this recipe and is a non-negotiable!
- Marinara Sauce- Use whatever your favorite sauce is. I always keep a jar in my refrigerator and/or pantry at all times!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – You can buy it pre-shredded or take the time to shred off the block!
- Pepperoni – I use whatever I have on hand. You can use the mini pepperoni or even turkey pepperoni!
- Fresh Basil – This brightens up the English muffin pizza recipe. If you don’t have it on hand don’t stress. We grow our own basil so my kids love to pick leaves off to use in their meals!
Hand or fork-split two Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins in half. Place on a small toaster oven baking tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Preheat the toaster oven or conventional oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread one tablespoon of marinara sauce on an open Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin.
Then place one tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
Next, add two slices of pepperoni on top.
Repeat until all four Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin pizzas are created.
Bake in a toaster oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted, but not burnt.
Remove from the toaster oven, garnish with freshly torn basil leaves if desired. Enjoy immediately.
English Muffin Pizza Air Fryer
If you have an Air Fryer and are hoping to make these English Muffin Pizzas in the Air Fryer instead you can cook them in no time!
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow instructions on assembling the English Muffin Pizzas.
- Air Fry for 3 minute or until cheese is melted and English Muffins are crispy.
Cooking Tip with Kids
This recipe (just like my pizza toast recipe) is the perfect easy recipe to get your children involved in cooking. I will fork-split the Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins in half. Then set out all the ingredients in little bowls. My kids stand on step-stools in the kitchen and put together their very own English Muffin Pizzas.
They absolutely love being involved. I find that when my kids help me cook they eat so much more of the food, because they helped! I almost always use a toaster oven to make toaster oven pizza verse firing up my oven and adding additional heat to my house (unless it’s winter in Florida, then I’ll be happy to fire up the oven).
Yes, absolutely! If you don’t have a toaster don’t stress. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast for about 10 minutes (flipping half way through) until golden in color.
Thomas’ English muffins have holes on the inside (also known as nooks and crannies), and are best “fork-split” which preserves the nooks & crannies. If you were to slice an English Muffin with a knife these nooks and crannies become lost!
You can pre-bake the English Muffins for a few minutes prior to adding the toppings. Also, do not slather the pizza muffins recipe with an excess amount of sauce. A little sauce goes a long way. I also find that as long as you consume the muffin pizza as soon as they are out of the oven they do not get that soggy.
Kid Friendly Recipes
Looking for more kid friendly recipes? Here are a few of my favorite recipes to get my kids involved in the kitchen!
- Kid-Friendly Snack Mix
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Lemonade
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
If you make this English muffin pizzas, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
English Muffin Pizzas
- Toaster Oven
- 2 Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins hand or fork-split in half
- 4 tablespoon Marinara Sauce divided
- 4 tablespoon Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 8 Pepperoni divided
- Fresh Basil for Garnish
- Fork-split two Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffins in half. Place on a small toaster oven baking tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fareneheit.
- Spread one tablespoon of marinara sauce on a split Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin. Then place one tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and two slices of pepperoni on top. Repeat until all four Thomas’® Original Nooks and Crannies® English Muffin pizzas are created.
- Bake in a toaster oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted, but not burnt.
- Remove from the toaster oven, garnish with freshly torn basil leaves if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Always “fork split” an English Muffin. This helps preserve the Nooks and Crannies!
- Get kids active in making their own food. Fork Split English Muffins for them then layout the ingredients in bowls. Walk them through the steps and watch them beam with joy as they eat their very own creation!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!