Looking for a delicious and easy lunch or an afternoon snack to feed a hungry crowd? Try Pepperoni Pizza Toast. It’s made in under 10 minutes!
In order to make pepperoni pizza toast you will want the following ingredients.
Marinara Sauce: When I don’t have marinara sauce on hand– I’ve opened up a can of plain tomato sauce. It’s worked just fine.
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: There’s really no going around this ingredient it really is a staple to the recipe. Of course you can get fancy and also add in a little Pecorrino Romano or grated Parmesan cheese. The sky is the limit as long as it’s in the Italian cheese family.
Kitchen Tools Needed
Making pizza toast is very easy and requires very few kitchen accessories.
Toaster oven: I happen to own a toaster oven. It sits on my countertop and it’s one of my essential countertop appliances that I use on a daily basis. However, if you don’t own a toaster oven no worries. All you need is a traditional oven. Just know you will want to watch your bread as it toast in the oven for the first portion of this recipe. Make sure it doesn’t over toast.
Small baking sheet: You will want a small baking sheet for the second step of the cooking process.
Pot holders: Once your pizza toast is done baking you will need potholders to pull out the scorching hot baking sheet.
Measuring Spoons: If you like to be precise measuring ingredients grab a tablespoon to measure out the sauce and cheese. I always recommend you measure exactly to the recipe on the first try and then after you’ve tried the recipe you can feel free to eyeball it!
How do you make pizza toast?
First, you want to lightly toast your bread. While your bread is slightly toasting gather all of your ingredients to make assembly a breeze.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the lightly toasted bread on the baking sheet. Then, top with marinara sauce. Next, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and finally the pepperoni. Bake in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni has cooked.
As soon as the toast is done, remove from the oven, slice and serve immediately!
If your looking for a new lunch time idea or maybe even an afternoon snack. It’s how I’ll be fueling my little boy after a busy day at school. I hope you’ll give my recipe for pepperoni pizza toast a try!
More Pizza Recipes
Here are a few more of my favorite pizza recipes!
If you make this recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Pepperoni Pizza Toast
- 1 Oven
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce divided
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 12-16 large pepperoni slices divided (or 32 mini pepperoni slices, divided)
- Lightly toast the sandwich bread.
- Once the bread is lightly toasted, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the lightly toasted bread on the baking sheet.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top each slice of toast with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce. Next, add 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese and finally 3-4 pepperoni slices (. Repeat until all the toast is assembled.
- Bake in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni has cooked.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and serve immediately.