Use up leftover chicken Parmesan and refrigerated pizza dough to make my recipe for chicken Parmesan pizza! This recipe is sure to be a new family favorite!
If you love pizza and you love chicken Parmesan I promise your gonna love my latest creation; chicken Parmesan pizza. My husband, Jon, is the king of chicken Parmesan. It’s his absolute favorite dish. I make chicken parm at least once a month, and then his mom makes it at least once a month so he gets his fill. We almost always have leftover chicken Parmesan. I like to reinvent leftovers so that’s where this version of chicken Parmesan pizza came about. It made for the perfect lunch; however, could also work as a quick weeknight dinner!
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this homemade pizza recipe.
- Refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- Tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Leftover cooked chicken Parmesan
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
I always have a can of Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough in my fridge. I love the thin crust. First, roll out the dough on to a baking sheet. Then I spread ¼ cup of tomato sauce on top of the crust.
Pro Tip: When you make pizza you want to make sure you leave at least a half inch around the boarder of the crust sauce free! Think of it like an invisible line.
I used a small can of tomato sauce–then save the rest in a container for another day. You can also freeze the leftover sauce in a freezer safe ziplock bag. Just make sure you write the date and what’s in the bag! Or else it becomes mystery to you in a few weeks time. Of course if you have a jar of pizza sauce in your fridge you could use that too!
Sprinkle the sauce with Italian seasoning followed by 1-¾ cups of the shredded mozzarella. Place pepperoni on pizza followed by the sliced cooked chicken Parmesan. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top and the grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown. While the pizza bakes, stack the basil leaves on top of one another. Roll tightly and thinly slice. Remove pizza from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil.
Cut into 6 slices and enjoy immediately.
My husband and kids love this pizza so much. They always ask for it after I make chicken parm. It’s a great way to use up the leftovers and reinvent them into something new!
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- 1 11 oz. Refrigerated Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
- ¼ Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperoni
- 1 cooked chicken Parmesan thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll Refrigerated Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough on to a baking sheet. Spread the tomato sauce on top of the crust leaving a half inch around the edge without sauce. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning followed by 1-¾ cups of the shredded mozzarella. Place pepperoni on pizza followed by the sliced cooked chicken Parmesan. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown. While the pizza bakes, stack the basil leaves on top of one another. Roll tightly and thinly slice. Remove pizza from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil. Cut into 6 slices and enjoy immediately.
There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
HOLYYYY COW! This pizza looks fantabulous! I love the crust and that you reimagined chicken parm in pizza form!