My husband and I LOVE breakfast! We recently had the chance to eat at the White Wolf Cafe here in Orlando, Florida. We both fell in love with their home fries and I immediately knew that I had to try to emulate them to make my own version! Their Southern Style Breakfast Potatoes are a perfect mix of white potato and sweet potato.
Growing up I never ate sweet potatoes, but now that I’m older I love sweet potatoes. I also love mixing in sweet potatoes to the traditional breakfast potato side dish! Give this recipe for Southern Style Breakfast Potatoes a try the next time your making a big Sunday breakfast.
Serving Suggestions: Any of your breakfast favorites. I.e., eggs, waffles, pancakes, french toast, biscuits & gravy, etc
Southern Style Breakfast Potatoes
- 2-3 red potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp salt for water
- ½ red onion
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 tsp dill parsley, ground black pepper, and season salt.
- Wash and cut red potatoes. Place in a sauce pan, salt the water well, and boil on high for 5 minutes.
- While the red potatoes are cooking wash, peel, and cut the sweet potato. Add the sweet potatoes after about 5 minutes of cooking.
- Keep the potatoes cooking on high until they are cooked through. Dice red onion, and get seasonings out of the pantry.
- In a frying pan add the butter and melt.
- Drain the potatoes and add them directly the frying pan, add the red onion, and all the spices. Let it sit in the pan on medium heat for a good minute or two before mixing. Cook until crust has formed on potatoes!