I created this dish on a whim, and boy am I glad I made it! I was craving beef stew, and remembered talking with a person in the grocery store about using steaks for beef stew. I had ran into a great sale of buy 1 get 2 free and wasn’t sure of the cut of steak. I had never had it before, but a fellow shopper said that they used them on the grill and also in the crock pot! This stew was even better the next day!
- 2 steaks or 1 pound of beef for stew
- ¾ bag baby carrots
- 1 onion quartered
- 3-5 red potatoes quartered
- 1 packet brown gravy
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup peas
- 1 tablespoon parsley dill, & ground black pepper
- Place the steaks (whole) in the bottom of the crock pot (or beef cut for stew).
- Wash and cut red potatoes and onions. Place in the crock pot, and add baby carrots.
- Mix 1 packet of brown gravy with water, and add additional seasonings. Pour over vegetables and meat in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the stew is complete move the vegetables off to the side, and start cutting the steak (it should fall apart). Mix and add frozen green peas. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir the stew again, plate, and enjoy!