Biscoff Ice Cream

biscoff ice cream

Biscoff… what? Yes, I went there. I created an ice cream recipe that is going to rock your socks. If you are a lover of the sweet and buttery cookie then you are going to fall head over heals in love with this ice cream recipe. Ever since I whipped up my first batch of this I haven’t be able to put the spoon down. I even brought in a container to my office where I find myself sneaking the break room freezer to get a spoonful of this buttery cookie goodness.
Biscoff Ice Cream

Julie from The Little Kitchen and Naomi from Bakers Royale have declared this week as Biscoff week on their blogs. So if you’re a biscoff lover [like me] then you better get your bums over to their blogs and take a look at the sinful recipes they’ve developed! Both of their blog post on monday sent me over the edge and that’s when I knew it was finally time to break open the container of biscoff spread and make an ice cream.
Biscoff Ice Cream

Yes, that’s right. I purchased a jar of biscoff spread back at the beginning of May and managed to not open it and try it. I honestly wasn’t excpecting it to taste like the cookie–oh my, was I wrong! Forget peanut butter… this spread is 10 times better than peanut butter… Now that I’ve created this recipe I’ve now got the biscoff itch… the sky is the limit as to what you could create!
Biscoff Ice Cream

Ok, so let’s talk about this ice cream. First thing is first, there are a handful of recipes out in blog land for Biscoff ice cream; however, I wasn’t a fan of any of the recipes. You see… I wanted to make the ice cream that night… not cook down eggs and milk mixtures and wait 24 hours for it to cool so I can churn.

I wanted it now (as Veronica from Willy Wonka would say).

I got to work and developed my own biscoff recipe. My version contains not one egg which means that once you mix the batter together you can instantly churn! Then to step it up to the next notch… I added a few swirls of biscoff spread in the final pints; swirling through out the ice cream. I hope you’ll give this super simple recipe a try and once you do–try not to eat it all in one sitting.

Biscoff Ice Cream

Biscoff Ice Cream

Yield: 2-1/2 pints

• 1 cup Biscoff Spread + 2 tablespoons
  • 1/4 cup White Sugar
  • 1-1/4 cups Whole Milk
  • 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream

1. Using a KitchenAid stand mixer begin to cream the biscoff spread and white sugar together (for about 1 minute). Turn the mixer off, add the whole milk and slowly mix. Once the milk has started to mix in with the Biscoff spread turn up the speed of the mixer and mix until well incorporated and soup like (around 5 minutes). Add the heavy whipping cream to the mixture until its combined (about 1 minute).
  2. Pour the biscoff mixture into your ice cream machine and follow your manufacturers directions.*I use a KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment and my ice cream churned for 20 minutes.
  3. Once your ice cream is done it will resemble soft serve ice cream. Scoop ice cream into an air tight container then place 2 tablespoons of Biscoff spread in the container and swirl. Seal and store in the freezer for up to 1 week.

Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. If you buy something I’ll make a small percentage off your sale.

36 Responses to “Biscoff Ice Cream”

1. Samantha posted on July 13, 2012 at 7:56 am (#)

I cant wait to make this. I happen to have a jar in my closet!

• Katie replied on July 13th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

DO IT!

2. Ali @ Gimme Some Oven posted on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 am (#)

That looks HEAVENLY!!! Loving the BIscoff love. :)

• Katie replied on July 13th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks Ali! It is beyond heavenly!

3. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted on July 13, 2012 at 1:54 pm (#)

Pretty please make this magically appear in front of me to eat!?

• Katie replied on July 13th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

ha ha Rachel… I would if you lived closer!

4. Cassie posted on July 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm (#)

Love, love, love. I’m a fool for biscoff!

5. Danae (The Busty Baker) posted on July 13, 2012 at 3:04 pm (#)

I saw Rachel post this on Pinterest and I actually yelled “YES!!!” outloud. If I can stop eating my Biscoff straight out of the jar long enough, I’m SO making this!

• Katie replied on July 13th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Danae! So glad I could fulfill your Biscoff fantasies! lol. Super easy recipe to make… promise! I’d love to hear your feedback once you’ve made it!

6. JulieD posted on July 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm (#)

This looks so good, Katie!!! Trade ya cupcakes for ice cream!!!

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Deal!!!

7. MommyNamedApril posted on July 13, 2012 at 9:54 pm (#)

you’re just killing me with all these yummy sweet treats!

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Sorry April! lol… don’t visit next week–its all ice cream all week long!

8. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on July 14, 2012 at 12:34 am (#)

First thing…you had a jar that long and didn’t try it??? That is crazy!!! I go through mine by the spoonfuls…just can’t get enough of the goodness. And I agree…totally better than peanut butter!! Second thing…I need this ice cream. Creamy and full of the deliciousness that is Biscoff!!! I love it!!!

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Jocelyn, I know–how I managed to not dig in right away is beyond me. Part of me is glad that I waited those 2 months because it probably spared me from gaining 10+ pounds!

9. Naomi posted on July 14, 2012 at 12:35 am (#)

I LOVE that this is an egglessice cream recipe! Love it!

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Naomi–I’m all about eggless recipes! They are way better.

10. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted on July 14, 2012 at 3:33 am (#)

Biscoff ice cream!!! Looks so delicious. The only thing I need now is the Kitchenaid attachment :D

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Kiran thanks for the kind compliments. Well… swing by tomorrow… you may just be in luck! ;)

11. Cathy @ Noble Pig posted on July 14, 2012 at 9:19 am (#)

How ironic, because I was just talking about Biscoff ice cream with someone. I am in love with the stuff, especially the crunchy version, which i admit has been carried around in my purse! This ice cream is on my list to make this summer. I am envious you actually got the cookies whic i haven’t run into here.

• Katie replied on July 14th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Cathy–great minds think a like! You must make this! So I’ll tell you a very funny and maybe embarrassing story about the cookies… the last time we flew Delta the flight attendant hooked us up and gave us a “barf bag” full of biscoff cookies…

12. Robin @ Simply Southern Baking posted on July 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm (#)

Katie, this sounds perfect for the hot weather we’re having right now! Yum!

• Katie replied on July 15th, 2012 at 11:14 am

Oh it is!!!

13. Harry T posted on July 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm (#)

I’ve got a recipe that would make this seem like just a bump in the road! (…actually may benefit from a German addition) I’m talking blending US, Belgian and German ingredients into an ice cream dish of epic proportions!!!

BTW, It’s amazing how these are catching on in the US after having had my first Lotus cookie in Antwerp, BE in 2000!

14. Amy at Kid Cultivation posted on July 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm (#)

Holy crap I can’t wait to make this! My 4-yr-old egg-allergic, nut-allergic son is sending a huge virtual hug your way. Thank you!

• Katie replied on July 16th, 2012 at 6:58 am

Hi Amy! Glad your son will be able to enjoy this tasty treat. Just double check on the biscoff spread label to make sure he is clear to eat it! If so, I hope he loves it times 10! :)

15. Laura posted on July 26, 2012 at 11:49 am (#)

Oh my. This looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it! I better plan to have some people over though. There is no doubt that I wouldn’t be able to hold back from this treat!

• Katie replied on July 27th, 2012 at 9:29 am

Laura I agree–I think your idea of having people over to eat the ice cream is good since I pretty much devoured it all by myself!

16. Jamie posted on January 25, 2014 at 5:09 pm (#)

A-maz-ing! this was super easy and tastes great. Thankfully I poured into three smaller ice cream containers so I can give some away and not be tempted to eat it all myself! Thanks for sharing

• Katie replied on January 28th, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Jamie–so glad to read you loved it! It’s so good and very addicting!!!

1. Pingback: the little kitchen » Biscoff Butter Cup Cupcakes