Berry Tart with Lime Glaze

Berry Tart with Lime Glaze

Surprise! Today we are throwing a virtual baby shower for my dear friend Caroline from Chocolate and Carrots. She is expecting her second baby any day now, and since we all don’t live near one another we are throwing her a virtual baby shower for her (and the baby to be)!

Last year, I finally tackled something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time. I made a fruit tart. I’ve always been intimidated by it–I guess because it looks so incredibly fancy. Little did I realize that it’s so crazy easy to make! I made this berry tart with lime glaze as our “dessert” for our Christmas morning brunch. It was a hit and to be honest I don’t think I really needed to make anything else because everyone would have been content nibbling on this tart.

Berry Tart with Lime Glaze 3

The only part of the tart that you bake is the actual shell of the tart. The cream cheese filling is amazing and even better it’s no bake. The most time consuming part of it is cutting the fruit. If your a perfectionist and want all of your strawberries around the same size you’ll only be using a few pieces from each berry. The ends are perfect to use in a fruit salad or eat as a snack. After I made the tart I then prepped my fruit salad. It worked out perfect. What makes this tart complete is the lime glaze that your brush on top of the fruit. It’s delicious and brings a whole other dimensions to this tart that I don’t think would have been possible had the glaze been left off. You’ll have a lot of glaze leftover. I ended up throwing it away–I couldn’t figure out what else to use it on. But if you end up making this tart and can figure out what else it goes well with please leave me a comment below. I made my tart the day before our brunch. I didn’t feel that it looked as “pretty” the next day because the berries started to bleed on the tart. So if your conscious about the way your tart looks bake the tart shell and fill it with cream cheese filling the day before and then top the tart with fruit and glaze the day your going to serve it.

Berry Tart with Lime Glaze 2

This berry tart with lime glaze is ideal to make for a baby shower, brunch, or any special event that your celebrating. I hope that Caroline was surprised today and wish that I could share a piece of this berry tart with lime glaze in real life with her! Rumor has it, Ms. Caroline has a citrus craving this pregnancy. Make sure you visit all the other citrus themed  recipes from our other blog friends.

Print Recipe

Berry Tart with Lime Glaze

Ingredients:

Crust:

• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced

Filling:

• 2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Topping:

• Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries

Glaze:

• 1 - 6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine confectioner's sugar, flour, and butter and process in a food processor until it forms a ball. Carefully remove the dough from the food processor and push the dough into a 12-inch tart pan (with a removable bottom). Make sure you press the dough fully into the indentations in the sides and ally he way up to the top of the pan. Make sure the crust is even.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes. *At the 15 minute mark check to make sure the crust has not dropped on the sides. If it has carefully push the crust back to the edges using the back of a spoon. Remove from the oven and let cool.
  4. While the crust is baking begging working on the glaze. Combine the thawed limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan.  Cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
  5. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth (about 2 minutes).
  6. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled tart crust.
  7. Cut the strawberries into 1/4-inch slices and arrange around the edge of the crust. Then line with blueberries, raspberries and another layer of strawberries. Place blackberries in the center.
  8. Once the berries are arranged use a pastry brush, and lightly glaze the entire tart.
  9. Refrigerate tart and remove 15 minutes before serving.

Adapted from Paula Deen

29 Responses to “Berry Tart with Lime Glaze”

1. Erin @ Texanerin Baking posted on January 26, 2015 at 6:12 am (#)

Yes! I love no-bake tarts. They’re so simple and I like simple. I’ve been eating lots of berries recently to help with the whole winter thing but this berry tart with its lime glaze sounds even better. 🙂

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Erin now that I know how easy they are to make I can see many tarts in my future!

2. Caroline @ chocolate & carrots posted on January 26, 2015 at 7:51 am (#)

Thank you so much, Katie!!! Your tart is absolutely stunning! I wish I could be there to share it with you, too. Oh, and I would probably be the one to eat the leftover lime glaze all by myself. 😉

I hope you, Jonathan and especially Ryder are doing great! Seeing all of his ‘firsts’ makes me over joyed to meet this new baby! Thank you again for everything!

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Awe your so very welcome! I’m so happy I was able to participate in your virtual baby shower!!!! I can’t wait to meet your new baby too! 🙂 Another Disney trip together is a must!

3. Lauren at Keep It Sweet posted on January 26, 2015 at 8:51 am (#)

This is such a gorgeous fruit tart! It would be a great centerpiece dessert if we could make this a real life shower:-)

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Awe I know Lauren!!! Perfect baby shower food!

4. Ashley (QLCC) posted on January 26, 2015 at 12:13 pm (#)

A legit tarte is on my culinary bucket list. This is absolutely gorgeous!

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Ashley you can do it!!! It’s so easy. It’s been on my bucket list for YEARS! I no longer fear the tart!

5. Amelia @ Eating Made Easy posted on January 26, 2015 at 12:15 pm (#)

My favorite parts of this post:
    1) The tart, which looks ridiculously good and beautiful.
    2) The baby exersaucer in the background of your photo, which tells me we live a similar life 😉

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:45 pm

LOL Amelia! I snapped these photos quickly on Christmas morning and then I went to edit the photos and realized the exersaucer in the photo. I was so mad but then I quickly got over it because let’s face it… this is my real life and it was Christmas morning!

6. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted on January 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm (#)

I’ve never seen a more beautiful tart!!

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Awe shucks… thanks Liz!

7. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on January 26, 2015 at 1:01 pm (#)

Love fruit tarts! Yours is beautiful!

• Katie replied on January 26th, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thanks Jessica!!!

8. Maegan @thebakermama posted on January 26, 2015 at 2:43 pm (#)

What a gorgeous tart! Love everything about it, especially how easy it sounds to make. Added this to my to-bake list! 🙂

9. Kristy posted on January 26, 2015 at 6:03 pm (#)

Mmm this tart looks PERFECT!! Yum and perfect for a shower!

• Katie replied on February 10th, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Kristy!

10. Liz @ Floating Kitchen posted on January 26, 2015 at 7:22 pm (#)

What a stunning presentation. I must admit that I’ve never made a fruit tart because it does look intimating. But now I just must. This is gorgeous, Katie!

• Katie replied on February 10th, 2015 at 9:36 pm

You can do it Liz!!!

11. Joanne posted on January 28, 2015 at 7:08 am (#)

Fruit tarts are on my bucket list also! I love the lime glaze you brushed over the top…perfect for an extra punch of sweet-tart!

• Katie replied on February 3rd, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Joanne–don’t fret over it–just make one! They are so easy to make! I’m already dreaming up my next tart recipe!

1. Pingback: Lemon Yogurt Baked Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle Recipe - The Lemon Bowl

2. Pingback: Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies

3. Pingback: Grapefruit Salad with Avocado, Honey and Mint - Eating Made Easy

4. Pingback: Elegant Cakes – Mini Lemon Curd Tarts

5. Pingback: Easy Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies | Keep It Sweet Desserts

6. Pingback: 3 Ingredient Nutella Fudge #lifeupdates | chocolate & carrots

7. Pingback: Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Brownies + a Baby Shower | boys ahoy

8. Pingback: Creamy Lemon Pasta