Chicken and Stars Soup
- 2 tablespoon chicken fat or unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups cooked dark chicken shredded
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 yellow squash halved and sliced
- 1 cup pastina
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- In a large stock pot, place the chicken fat in the pot (or butter) on medium heat until hot (about 1-2 minutes).
- Then add the diced carrots, celery, onions, salt, and black pepper. Cook with lid on for 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Then add in the chicken stock, water, chicken bouillon cubes, and shredded chicken. Cook for an additional 10 minutes until soup begins to boil. Then add in the zucchini, yellow squash, pastina, and fresh dill and cook for 6 minutes. Serve soup immediately or let rest to room temperature and store in a sealed container for up to one week.