This year I’ve been trying to find more basic, go-to cupcake recipes. While searching the internet for a white cupcake recipe I found this recipe on the Beantown Baker’s blog. I’ve made a few recipes from her and she never seems to fail me, so I figured I would give this one a try. I’m not going to lie–my hopes were set high on this one, and because of that I was nervous that I would be let down… not so much.
Source: Beantown Baker via The Way the Cookie Crumbles
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-17 minutes
2- 1/4 cups cake flour
1 cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
6 large egg whites (3/4 cup), at room temperature
2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp table salt
12 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened but still cool
1. Set oven rack to the middle of your oven. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour milk, egg whites, and extracts into 2-cup glass measure, and mix with fork until blended.
3. Next, using your electric mixer at low speed; mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add butter; continue beating at slow speed until mixture resembles moist crumbs, (with no powdery streaks remaining).
4. Add all but 1/2 cup of milk mixture to crumbs and beat at medium speed for 1½ minutes. Add remaining ½ cup of milk mixture and beat 30 seconds more. Stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl. Return mixer to medium speed and beat 20 seconds longer.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake until thin skewer or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
6. Always cool completely prior to frosting. *I used my vanilla buttercream frosting recipe to top cupcakes. Any frosting recipe can be used!
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74