Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast

Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast from KatiesCucina.com

Growing up I was a picky breakfast eater. Well heck, I was a picky eater altogether. I hardly ever ate meat, wouldn’t eat pasta with sauce on it, and preferred a bread and butter sandwich over a grilled cheese sandwich any day of the week. And yes, my mother totally let me eat a thick slathering of butter on white bread. It was delicious; however, I don’t think I could ever eat that now. The one breakfast food I did enjoy, besides cinnamon raisin bread slathered with butter and extra cinnamon sugar (by the way do you see a reoccurring butter theme here. I can assure you that my mother is not Paula Deen.) was french toast. Whether it was in the “stick” form or just a piece of white bread dipped in thick egg wash and fried until golden brown. I loved me some french toast. And let’s also take note that I never dared to eat the “real stuff”. You know thick grade A maple syrup. I thought that was garbage (ask me now and I’ll tell you much different). Instead I poured a hefty amount of the high-fructose corn syrup variety.

Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast from KatiesCucina.com

So fast forward 20+ years to present day. I’m not as picky of an eater (and definitely not for breakfast). I also have a much more refined pallet. I appreciate grade A maple syrup and I adore stuffed french toast. After making fresh cinnamon raisin bread I knew the first thing I wanted to do was stuff it with a creamy filling and fry it up. Then I worked with my friends over at Dixie Crystals Sugar to develop this recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast. This recipe utilizes Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar. Both in the egg wash and in the filling. I incorporated a ripe banana in the cream cheese filling to give additional flavor and sweetness to the filling.

Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast from KatiesCucina.com

I have been using Dixie Crystals Sugar for years now. So I was super excited to meet the marketing team behind the brand last winter at Mixed. It was beyond a natural fit to work with them and I’m so grateful I’ve had the opportunity. I’ve had the chance to taste (and test) some really delicious recipes like Apricot Bars, Carrie’s Cranberry Cobbler, and Double Choco-Bacon Muffins. All great recipes fit for any brunch. Do the photos look familiar? You guessed it, taken by yours truly! Remember if its brunch for two or for twelve… this Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast is sure to hit the spot!

Head on over to Dixie Crystals Sugar to get the full recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast.

Stay connected with Dixie Crystals Sugar: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube

Don’t forget to check out all the amazing brunch recipes today!

Brunch Drink Recipes

St-Germain and Prosecco Cocktails by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Strawberry Lemongrass Martinis by White Lights on Wednesday

Breads, Grains, Cereals and Pancake-type Yums

Granola, Yogurt and Walnut Cups by Cook the Story
Banana Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal by Big Bear’s Wine
Apple and Beecher’s Flagship Reserve Cheddar Wheat Belly Crepes by Vanilla Lemonade
Garden Squares by {i love} my disorganized life

Toasted Almond and Chocolate Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Crumb Cake Parfait by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Rum and Raisin French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
Breakfast Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
Berry Parfaits by Love and Confections
Rhubarb Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits by Kelly Bakes

Disclaimer: I was compensated to create the recipe and photos for Dixie Crystals Sugar. As always all opinions are my own.

35 Responses to “Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast”

1. Erin | The Law Student's Wife posted on May 9, 2013 at 9:03 am (#)

Sadly I won’t be able to be with my Mom on Mother’s Day, but I might just have to cook a big beautiful brunch for myself, these recipes all look so fantastic! Hardest part: choosing 🙂

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:27 am

Awe sorry to hear that Erin. Definitely cook yourself and some of your friends brunch! That way you can make a wide variety of recipes!

2. Jane's Adventures in Dinner posted on May 9, 2013 at 9:34 am (#)

On our weekend ‘to make’ list right now C:

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:34 am

Thanks Jane!

3. Sarah O. posted on May 9, 2013 at 9:50 am (#)

I used to think real maple syrup was gross too! Actually… I still prefer the fake stuff. It’s the texture. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:33 am

Ha ha I love your honesty! Maybe one day your taste-buds will accept the texture and flavor of pure maple syrup. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) posted on May 9, 2013 at 9:56 am (#)

I’m getting dinner with my mom, so brunch will not be happening–oh well! This looks so so tasty though!

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Well maybe you can make brunch another day?

5. Cassie | Bake Your Day posted on May 9, 2013 at 10:45 am (#)

You know I love Dixie Crystals! 🙂 Nothing like stuffed French toast!

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Thanks Cassie!

6. Samantha posted on May 9, 2013 at 12:01 pm (#)

I love that you used your cinnamon raisin bread for french toast. I did the same thing when I made irish soda bread. Stuffing it with bananas was a genius move!

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Thanks Sam! Yes, adding the banana to the cream cheese gave it a whole new layer of flavor!

7. Suzanne posted on May 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm (#)

So, is this the cinnamon raisin bread that you posted a few days ago? I love that you used it for another recipe. My husband has a ten year old nephew who loves to eat butter bread sandwiches. On mushy white bread.

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:30 am

Yep! Same cinnamon raisin bread! After I made it I instantly thought to use it for french toast and then the wheels started spinning and it was a downward spiral of recipe thoughts from there! Glad to know I wasn’t the only kid who loved a good bread and butter sandwich! lol.

8. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl posted on May 9, 2013 at 2:39 pm (#)

Oh my, this looks too good. Making me swoon! Pinning now, thanks for sharing!

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:28 am

Thanks Pamela!

9. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain posted on May 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm (#)

I won’t be with my mom on Mother’s Day (darn long distance), but this won’t stop me from making this french toast. Ommgerd! Seriously, this looks fan-freaking-tastic!

• Katie replied on May 10th, 2013 at 8:28 am

Ha ha thanks Lauren! It’s so good especially if you love banana!

10. Tara posted on May 10, 2013 at 3:21 pm (#)

I saw this earlier and it looks so very decadent. YUM!!

11. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on May 10, 2013 at 11:36 pm (#)

What a decadent breakfast treat this would be! So perfect for Mother’s Day!

• Katie replied on May 12th, 2013 at 10:43 am

Thanks Stephanie!

12. Nutmeg Nanny posted on May 13, 2013 at 5:21 pm (#)

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! I need this in my life 🙂

1. Pingback: Brunch Week: Chocolate Almond Muffins

2. Pingback: Maple Sausage French Toast Bake #BrunchWeek | Real Housemoms

3. Pingback: Rustic Apple Cake & Tea with Mom | Lanie Smith | The Vintage Cook

4. Pingback: On the 5th Day of Brunch Week, More Food Blogger Recipes | Savory and Sweet Eats

5. Pingback: Cookies for Breakfast - Why Not! #BrunchWeek - Cooking In Stilettos™

6. Pingback: Rum and Raisin French Toast | Noshing With The Nolands

7. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Muffins - Rachel Cooks

8. Pingback: Rhubarb Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits

9. Pingback: Brunch Week: Mediterranean Frittata | spontaneous tomato

10. Pingback: Strawberry Lemongrass Martini #BrunchWeek - White Lights on Wednesday

11. Pingback: A Make Ahead Recipe for Brunch: Granola & Yogurt Puff Pastry Cups

12. Pingback: #BrunchWeek: Garden Squares | {i love} my disorganized life

13. Pingback: Double Deck Dark Chocolate Vanilla Bean Pudding - The Law Student's Wife |