I love to make stir-fries but never really make a sauce for it. I was at a loss of what I should make for dinner and didn’t feel like spending multiple hours in the kitchen. I found a recipe on t he back of a College Inn broth carton for stir-fry and then panned through a few stir-fry recipes in my cook book… so with a little from here and there I came up with my own sauce which happened to be out of this world good! I’ll definitely be making this sauce for my stir-fry again!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup match stick carrots
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup water chestnuts, drained
- 4 baby corn, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoison sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups College Inn Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Pre-heat your wok on medium-high. Add peanut and sesame oil, minced garlic and ginger, and cook for one minute. Add chicken to the mixture stirring continuously until it’s cooked almost 75% through. Add ½ cup of chicken broth, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and red bell pepper. Mix around and cover for 3- 5 minutes with lid on so that the veggies can steam. Add the shrimp, water chestnuts, and baby corn to the dish; mix around and cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
2. In a bowl, blend remaining 1 cup of broth, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, hoison sauce, fish sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Add the blended mixture to the wok, and stir. The sauce mixture will eventually start to thicken up (about 5 minutes).
3. Plate stir-fry and sprinkle with diced green onions.
Serving Suggestions: white rice & spring rolls
Thank you! Yes, the sauce had tons of flavor on it–I felt like I was eating Chinese takes out!!! Thank you for reading!!!
this looks amazing Katie! The sauce sounds amazing too! Must be super flavorful!