Spinach Artichoke Dip piping hot and made from scratch. The perfect dip to serve for any occasion. Freeze leftovers for easy entertaining!
Originally Published on December 30, 2010. Recipe, Text, and Photos updated December 15, 2019
Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite appetizers. I’ll make it at home and I’ll almost always order it out. Something about the rich and creamy dip that is full of veggies gets me every time. Surprisingly, making this appetizer is not that difficult. Even better, you can make this dip ahead of time and heat just before your ready to serve! I’m gonna share everything you need to know on how to make this easy appetizer.
What goes well with spinach dip?
Spinach dip is extremely versatile and goes well with a wide variety of items. Here is a list of items you could use to serve alongside the dip.
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Ritz crackers
- Wheat Thins
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
What is spinach artichoke dip made of?
Here is a list of the ingredients you’ll find in my (and most) spinach dip recipes.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Frozen Spinach
- Artichoke Hearts
- Salt & Pepper
Can you freeze artichoke and spinach dip?
The answer is yes! Yes, you can freeze spinach artichoke dip. Simply cool to room temperature. Store in either a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
How do you cook frozen spinach dip?
To thaw the dip. Either pull the dip out of the freezer the day before you wish to serve. Or transfer to a microwave safe or oven safe dish. Place in the dish and reheat in the microwave in 1-2 minute increments. Or reheat in the oven at 350 degrees with foil covering the top for at least 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Whether you are looking for an easy appetizer to make for a party or want to entertain. I hope you’ll make this recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cups Shredded Mozzarella, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 10 oz. Frozen Spinach, Thawed and Drained
- 1 14 oz. Can of Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, ½ cup mozzarella, parmesan, pecorino romano cheese, and minced garlic. Mix for 30 seconds or until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, fold in the thawed and drained spinach and the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer the spinach dip to the baking dish. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and vegetables!
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
I. Love. This. Dip. It is such a weakness for me, I could lick the bowl clean with no regrets. Thanks!