This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® #HostWithKH but the opinions are all my own.
Let’s talk about dip. We love it in our house. Every afternoon as a mid-afternoon snack you can find us eating some sort of dip. My son has recently become obsessed with dipping EVERYTHING. I knew when my friend at KING’S HAWAIIAN asked me to create a recipe using their Sweet Round Bread Bowl. The first thing that came to mind was my Yogurt Parmesan Spinach Dip. It is a lightened up version of the classic creamy-fattening spinach dip. And it’s just as divine!
Of course, what makes it partly amazing is the KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Round Bread Bowl. Dipping pieces of the sweet bread into the bowl is pure bliss. Even my picky toddler who rarely eats vegetables any more devoured this dip. He even ate a few raw carrots with this spinach packed dip!
I brought my Yogurt Parmesan Spinach Dip to my Boot Camp Christmas party last weekend. Everyone loved it and devoured the dip. You can make the dip ahead of time (up to a day or two in advance), keep it in the refrigerator, and just before serving cut around the edge of a KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Round Bread Bowl. Pour the dip in and then dice the middle part of the bowl to serve with the Yogurt Parmesan Spinach Dip.
Yogurt Parmesan Spinach Dip in a King's Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread Bowl
- 2 9 oz. chopped spinach thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup Stonyfield Fat Free Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 King's Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- In a large bowl combine the drained chopped spinach, yogurt, worchestire sauce, water cehstnuts, grated parmesean cheese, dried onion flakes, dried chives, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, parsley, dill, and cayenne. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Before serving, cut the middle out of the King's Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread. Diced the middle of the bread bowl for dipping and set to the side. Then, pour the spinach dip into the bread bowl. Serve with reserved bread cubes and fresh vegetables for dipping.