Thank you Stonyfield for sponsoring today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
By now I think you know that we love Mexican food, but we also love chips and dip. We dip just about everything we eat, so I’m always trying to come up with flavorful and healthy dips for my family to enjoy. Bonus points if my toddler likes the dip.
One of our favorite Tex-Mex restaurants, Chewy’s, has the most amazing creamy jalapeno cilantro dip. It’s so good I could drink it, but after you eat it a while it’s a bit on the spicy side hence the jalapeno. Last year I started working on a similar version that is milder to the taste buds but still packs the same punch! This recipe for my creamy Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip is the perfect recipe to add to your taco Tuesday or next fiesta!
I’ve tested this recipe with both plain yogurt and Greek yogurt and ultimately my family enjoys the dip the best when I make it with plain yogurt. We even had friends over one evening and they loved the dip and thought it was an avocado ranch dip. They were shocked when they heard the creamy base was made with Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Plain Yogurt. They both said they would have never thought to make a dip out of just yogurt.
To make this dip all you need is a food processor or even a high-powered blender works. You’ll puree 1 cup of the Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt with all the spices, fresh herbs, and garlic clove. Once the dip is completely pureed you’ll pour it into a large bowl and then carefully hand mix in ½ cup more of the Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. I found that if you simply pureed the 1-½ cups together the dip wasn’t as thick and more of a soup like texture. By hand mixing in the last half cup it gives you a little bit of a thicker texture. If you’re looking for a new Mexican-style dip to serve at your next fiesta I highly suggest you try my recipe for Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip!
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
- 1 ½ cups Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 green onion shoots
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro with stems on
- ½ lime zested and juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup of Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt, garlic clove, green onions, fresh cilantro, lime zest and juice, ½ teaspoon chili powder, salt, and cumin. Puree until smooth.
- Add the puree to a bowl then carefully hand mix-in ½ cup of Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. Sprinkle chili powder on top and serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Love the idea ! Thank you so much !