Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta

greek crostini with whipped feta from KatiesCucina.com

Do you ever come up with a brilliant idea and then can’t stop thinking about that idea? That is what happen when I created Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta! I dreamed about this recipe for weeks and then finally made it one day. My dreams had come true and like magic this fancy appetizer that takes no time at all to put together was created! Seriously–if you want to impress people, entertain with this appetizer.

You could put the Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta together or you could have all the items laid out with a few example appetizers and let your guest create their own Greek crostini’s. That way if someone is picky they can decide what they want to eat. I also love this recipe because you can broil the tomatoes ahead of time and just bring them out when your ready to make the appetizer. Same goes with the garlic and herb whipped feta.

And let’s talk about these pictures. I made these crostini’s seriously look as good as they taste! I was so proud when I photographed the Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta. While I’m on the topic of food photography, I’m actually speaking today at BlogHer Food in Austin, Texas about beginning food photography. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be speaking at a major national food blog conference. With a lot of hard work and dedication I have transformed my food photography from looking like dog-you know what… to mouthwatering food photos! I can’t wait to share my story with those at BHF and I hope I can inspire others that with a little work they too can create beautiful food photos (and it doesn’t have to take all day to photograph one meal it can take mere minutes like I did with these crositini’s). I think I spent 10 minutes tops styling and photographing my series of photos. Next week, I’ll be sharing about my time in Austin and hopefully some of my food photography tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way.

Until then… if you are entertaining this weekend or just want a tasty appetizer, make my Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta. I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta

Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta

• 24 cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 tsp greek seasoning
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 french baguette
  • 1/2 cup garlic and herb whipped feta
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives
  • fresh dill and feta for topping

1. Preheat broiler on low.
  2. In a bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, olive oil, greek seasoning, and garlic. Mix well and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Broil on low for 10 minutes, then mix and broil on high for 5 minutes. Remove tomatoes from the oven and let cool. Place in a sealed jar, and store up to 5 days.
  3. Cut french baguette in 1-inch slices. Slather with garlic and herb whipped feta, then top with broiled cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh dill, and crumbled feta. Repeat until you've finished the french baguette. Serve immediately.

25 Responses to “Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta”

1. danielle posted on June 7, 2013 at 10:55 am (#)

this is my kind of snack – it looks delicious!

2. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on June 7, 2013 at 11:56 am (#)

I think that this appetizer will make an appearance at our Father’s Day cookout. My dad would love it!

• Katie replied on June 11th, 2013 at 11:01 am

It’s making an appearance at our Father’s day dinner, too!

3. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious posted on June 7, 2013 at 1:05 pm (#)

Have a great time at BHF. Wish I could see you speak!

And dude, these crostini looks amazing! I have a bunch of feta to use up too!

4. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl posted on June 10, 2013 at 9:07 am (#)

I could eat this every day.

5. Joanne posted on June 11, 2013 at 7:50 am (#)

I seriously see these playing a HUGE part in my summer. HUGE.

• Katie replied on June 11th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Joanne– I agree. Super ideal for entertaining!

6. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on June 14, 2013 at 11:35 am (#)

What gorgeous crostini Katie! Perfect for a party!

• Katie replied on June 14th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Thanks Trish!

7. Nutmeg Nanny posted on June 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm (#)

Oh, these are fantastic! So perfect, I love whipped feta :)

• Katie replied on June 14th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Brandy! Whipped feta is my latest obsession!

8. Sarah @ Craft Quickies posted on June 18, 2013 at 3:17 am (#)

This looks amazing! My husband would love this!

• Katie replied on June 18th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Sarah you must make these for him soon! :)

9. Suzanne posted on June 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm (#)

Wow, you are on a Greek kick! Beautiful photos; I love seeing how your pictures have improved over time.

10. Ginnie posted on June 25, 2013 at 9:53 pm (#)

This looks delicious! Anything with feta has me hooked:)

• Katie replied on June 25th, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Thanks Ginnie!

11. Jamie posted on April 30, 2014 at 11:54 am (#)

Has anyone served these cold or are they meant to be hot? They look wonderful

• Katie replied on May 3rd, 2014 at 10:53 am

Jamie you can do it either way. I’ve served the tomatoes warm or at room temperature.

1. Pingback: Greek Crostini with Whipped Feta | Recipe Archive

2. Pingback: 24 Tasty Appetizers for Every Occasion | Style Motivation

3. Pingback: 15 Quick and Tasty Starter Recipes

4. Pingback: Drinks and Treats for Girly Nights

5. Pingback: 21 Delicious Appetizers For A Great Party Cupcakepedia

6. Pingback: 15 Crostini Recipes - if you like it then you should put it on toast... - The Lilypad Cottage

7. Pingback: millions of peaches… 20 awesome peach recipes!