Today we are celebrating. Celebrating with big glasses of cake batter milkshakes! I can finally reveal what has been going on in my life over the past month. It’s been a whirlwind! We SOLD our house! We actually closed yesterday, so now that the sale is officially official I feel like it’s safe to talk about it on the inter-webs. I’m also clinking glasses of cake batter milkshakes for my dad’s birthday was also yesterday! Two great things in one day!
Well, let’s make that three great things in one day because these cake batter milkshakes are the bees knees. They are super rich and creamy and taste just like a big old piece of birthday cake. I love chocolate chip cookie dough, but my second favorite is cake batter. I pretty much can’t resist it where ever I go. And I’m going to tell you a secret on how to get that birthday cake flavor. It’s not just yellow cake mix that does the trick. But it’s the store-bought frosting. Yes, that’s right there is store-bought frosting in this milkshake.
I love making milkshakes at home. I always have ice cream on hand and now that I have a milk drinking toddler I always have milk on hand. It’s always a delicious and easy-to-make after dinner dessert or a great way to cool off on a hot summer’s day. So if you love cake batter then you’ll love my recipe for Cake Batter Milkshakes!
Cake Batter Milkshakes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipped vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup butter recipe yellow cake mix
- sprinkles & whipped cream for garnish
- In a blender combine the vanilla ice cream, whole milk, whipped vanilla frosting and butter recipe yellow cake. Blend for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Remove from blender and pour into two glasses. Top each Cake Batter Milkshake with whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish. Enjoy immediately!