Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Thank you OXO for sponsoring today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
This recipe for Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole is perfect for the cold winter days and best of all you can prepare it ahead of time and cook it later!
It’s the week of Christmas and most of the United States is dealing with crazy cold weather. What better way to warm up then make my recipe for Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole. I originally posted a version of this casserole back when I first started blogging in 2009! I’ve done some modifications and today I’m excited to share my updated recipe for it. This casserole does not include a single drop of a canned soup–just a little heavy cream and lots of cheese!
The best part about this casserole is that you can put it together, and then place it in the refrigerator or freezer and then bake it when your ready to eat. I quickly put the casserole together (it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and no need to mix in a separate bowl–I mix it right in the OXO Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish and then place the the lid on the baking dish and in the refrigerator it goes. I’ve also froze this recipe before and the best part is that the OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw! The cooking time will double but it’s so worth it!
Some of the other things I like about the Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish with Lid:
- The slosh-proof lid makes it easy to prepare meals in advance, store leftovers, or take on the go
- The glass bakeware has generously sized rims, which makes it easy to transport from oven to countertop or table.
OXO also has some fun new-ish tools that I use in my kitchen all the time!
- Vegetable Chopper: Quickly and safely chop onions, peppers, and more in one easy motion, and easily pour chopped fruits or veggies without removing the lid with the Vegetable Chopper with Easy-Pour Opening.
- Mini Vegetable Slicer: Quickly and easily create even slices of small fruits and vegetables with the Mini Vegetable Slicer.
If your feeling pressed for time this week as you wrap up your Christmas shopping. Go grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, then make an extra batch of white rice to have on hand and make my recipe for Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole.
Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 12 oz. raw broccoli and cauliflower, chopped small
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped (optional)
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz. french fried onions
- Place the cooked white rice, broccoli, cauliflower, rotisserie chicken, optional onion, and 3/4 of the shredded cheddar cheese in an OXO Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish. Mix well then add in the heavy cream, salt, and black pepper. Mix well then sprinkle the remaining cheese on the casserole and all the french fried onions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place tinfoil on top of the baking dish and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the french fried onions are golden brown. Serve immediately.
*If making for a later date, place the lid on the container and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to cook after the casserole is put together. To cook, from the refrigerator cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes with foil on top. From the freezer cook with foil on for 60 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes until french fried onions are golden in color. Serve immediately.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74