We are in the heart of football playoffs. Who else is disappointed with the outcome of this weekends games? Hands are raised right here. I’m a born Pittsburgh Steeler’s fan. I will say that I wasn’t too hopeful going into yesterdays game. I knew with so many players injured our chances were slim. And then when we were actually doing well I had some hope. And then my little bubble bursted in the 4th quarter. So it looks like I’ll be focusing on food again this Super Bowl! Whenever I’m entertaining I love to make food bars. Today, I’m sharing with you how to create a Chicken Soft Taco Bowl Salad Bar! It’s so easy and very little prep on your behalf!
First up, I used cooked rotisserie chicken, canned black beans, shredded cheese, canned corn, grape tomatoes, avocados from Mexico, and an Old El Paso Soft Tortilla Taco Boats Dinner Kit! I place each of the ingredients into separate bowls!
This allows my guest to pile on the toppings and decide what they want to munch on while they watch the big game. Even better they technically can be considered a hand-held food! You can even take the taco seasoning that comes with the kit and mix it into the cooked diced chicken.
And let’s talk about how easy it is to put together a food bar. All you have to do is prep, place in bowls, and then set out once your guest arrive! And with the kit I’m all for adding in some taco seasoning on the cooked rotisserie chicken. It adds an extra layer of taco flavor to the salad bowl. And for those who want less salad and more “taco” meat it’s perfect!
Make sure you click here to download $1 off coupon on 3 Old El Paso items (coupon expires end of January)! This is just in time for the big game.
I want to give one of my readers the opportunity to win $25 PayPal cash to throw their own Old El Paso and Avocado’s from Mexico game day party! Please click on the rafflecopter widget below (or the link if it doesn’t load) and enter to win! One winner will be chosen at random. Must have a PayPal account to win! Giveaway closes 1/29/16.
Chicken Soft Taco Bowl Salad Bar
- Old El Paso Soft Tortilla Taco Boats Dinner Kit
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken diced
- 1 15.5 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 oz. can of corn drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 heads of romaine chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- Place the diced rotisserie chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, and avocados in individual bowls. Pour the Mild Taco Sauce in a seperate bowl. Place the soft tortilla taco boats on the buffet.
- Have your guest create their own Chicken Soft Taco Bowl Salad's by layering all the ingredients into a soft tortilla bowl. Enjoy hot or at room temperature!