I love an easy side dish that can be used for just about any meal. That is exactly what this recipe for Instant Pot Garlic & Onion Green Beans is! I probably make this recipe at least once a week in my home. It’s easy and delicious and takes minimal effort on my part. I love my Instant Pot and love an easy side that I can pop in and know it will be done within 10 minutes time. My husband is very particular when it comes to vegetables. He does not like them Al-dente. He would rather them be cooked to death. You can definitely do that in the Instant Pot; however, you can cook them al-dente or just soft enough which is why I’m really starting to embrace my Instant Pot when it comes to vegetable side dishes.
How do you make Instant Pot Garlic & Onion Green Beans?
Making green beans in the Instant Pot is very simple. Place the seasonings, green beans, and water in the IP. Set the IP for just 2 minutes… it will; however, take a few minutes to get to pressure. Once the Instant Pot beeps, carefully release the steam by forcing the “pressure”. That’s it! Easy as that you have a simple side dish in under 10 minutes.
To cut prep time I use both dehydrated garlic and minced chopped onions in this recipe. If you don’t have them in your pantry or prefer to use fresh you will add a few minutes on to the prep time.
I also really like using pre-cut, pre-washed green beans. That way all I have to do is open the bag and dump it into the Instant Pot! I’m super lazy and most days just trying to get dinner on the table before my children eat every snack in my pantry before dinner.
What do you need to make Instant Pot Garlic & Onion Green Beans?
If your looking for a quick and easy side-dish that is full of flavor, this recipe for Instant Pot Garlic & Onion Green Beans is perfect for holiday entertaining, a Sunday dinner, or any dinner any day of the week!
Instant Pot Garlic & Onion Green Beans
- 2 lbs. green beans trimmed and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon granulated minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee or salted butter
- Place green beans in the Instant Pot. Pour water on green beans, add the granulated minced garlic, chopped dried onions, salt, black pepper, and ghee.
- Place the lid on and seal. Make sure the pressure valve is sealed. Select “manual” pressure and set the timer for 2 minutes. Once the timer goes off: For firmer green beans, carefully release the pressure from the valve. For softer green beans let the Instant Pot rest for 2-3 minutes. Then manually release the pressure from the valve. Stir and serve immediately.