Vanilla Almond Agave Granola

4 Ingredient Vanilla Almond Agave Granola from KatiesCucina.com

I love granola. I haven’t made granola my entire pregnancy. I think there are multiple reasons for this.

1. I hate turning on my oven since it heats up my house like no one’s business and I’m already overheated to begin with.
  2. I haven’t really had the energy.

I actually purchased store-bought granola the other month when it was on sale for buy-one-get-one free. It didn’t make me feel as guilty buying it because it was on sale. Store bought granola can be crazy expensive. Considering I almost always have the ingredients on hand I can’t justify spending the money. But being pregnant has made me justify spending money on things I would never spend money on (and buying lunch out almost daily instead of taking leftovers into the office day-after-day).

I finally finished the store bought granola the other week, and just like that I found myself not even thinking twice.  I was making granola again! It was like old times–except I made the simplest granola I’ve ever made in my life… with just 4 ingredients! That’s it. No dried fruit, no multiple nuts, spices, etc… just 4 simple ingredients that I had on hand.

4 Ingredient Vanilla Almond Agave Granola from KatiesCucina.com

I wasn’t sure if it would turn out great, but I figured it would do its perfect and be added as a filler to my morning yogurt parfaits. It turned out amazing and those who I shared with felt the same way! Best of all, I’ve had homemade 4-ingredient vanilla almond agave granola for the past two weeks now. I’ve simply stored it in a ziplock bag. If you don’t have a sealed baggie a sealed container works just as well. I love being able to put a scoops in my morning granola and know everything that is in it and that I made it. So back to granola making I go… especially since this 4-ingredient variety is tasty and wasn’t difficult to make!

Vanilla Almond Agave Granola

Yield: 5 cups

Vanilla Almond Agave Granola

• 3/4 cup Agave Nectar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup sliced almonds

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a sauce pan, heat the agave nectar and vanilla extract on high for one minute, just until its warm (do not let it bubble). Set to the side.
  3. Place the quick cooking oats and sliced almonds in a large bowl. Pour the agave mixture on top of the oats/almonds. Mix well with a spoon until everything is coated with agave. Pour onto a parchment (or SILPAT) lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes (mixing half way through).
  4. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

43 Responses to “Vanilla Almond Agave Granola”

1. foodwanderings posted on February 24, 2014 at 10:02 am (#)

Good to see this. It reminds me I need to make (nut-free due to allergies) granola for my son’s care package.

• Katie replied on February 24th, 2014 at 11:09 am

Perfect–3 ingredient granola, then!

2. danielle posted on February 24, 2014 at 10:10 am (#)

I love homemade granola and I can’t believe this one only has four ingredients. It sounds great!

• Katie replied on February 24th, 2014 at 11:09 am

Thanks Danielle! I’m all for simple these days :)

3. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on February 24, 2014 at 10:48 am (#)

I’ve come so, so close to buying agave before but had no idea on what I’d use it for but NOW I have a reason! Plus easy and homemade fits right into my “perfect kind of recipe” category! haha

• Katie replied on February 24th, 2014 at 11:09 am

Angie–its a great substitute for sugar. You would be surprised at how many things you would put it in. It’s kind of pricey–I buy it at Costco and its totally worth the price!

4. Paula - bell'alimento posted on February 24, 2014 at 11:01 am (#)

I can hear the crunch right now.

• Katie replied on February 24th, 2014 at 11:08 am

I’ve been eating it for weeks every morning with my granola. It definitely has the perfect crunch!

5. simple green moms posted on February 24, 2014 at 11:55 am (#)

love this simple recipe! definitely making it for tomorrow =)

6. Lora @cakeduchess posted on February 24, 2014 at 12:01 pm (#)

I just love granola. I could eat a bowl even for lunch. LOVE your homemade granola, Katie! Hope you’re feeling good these days. baci! xx

• Katie replied on March 5th, 2014 at 11:54 am

Awe thanks Lora!

7. Susan posted on February 24, 2014 at 2:47 pm (#)

Simple ingredient list but I’m lusting after it! Love the big clumps of granola.

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Thanks Susan!

8. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on February 24, 2014 at 3:28 pm (#)

homemade granola is the best and I love that you made a vanilla agave version!

9. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts posted on February 24, 2014 at 3:36 pm (#)

I love making homemade granola. A certain store bought vanilla is my favorite, so I know this would be a hit!

10. Maria | Pink Patisserie posted on February 24, 2014 at 5:02 pm (#)

I can never, ever have enough homemade granola! So good!!

11. Barb @ FL Mom's Blog posted on February 24, 2014 at 5:36 pm (#)

Katie,
    Yum! I just printed it out!!

12. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on February 24, 2014 at 6:46 pm (#)

I never really liked granola until I made it from scratch. Now I crave it! Love this easy recipe!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Brenda–I was the same way!!! I love it in my yogurt every morning!

13. Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet posted on February 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm (#)

I need to make granola! And this one sounds fantastic! Pinned!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Thanks Anna!

14. Robin @ Simply Southern Baking posted on February 25, 2014 at 6:44 am (#)

This looks so yummy Katie. I’ve got to get on the stick and make some from scratch…this looks like a good one to start with!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

SUper simple–perfect granola starter recipe!

15. Aggie posted on February 25, 2014 at 8:51 am (#)

Funny I just started making granola regularly again too. My kids are always asking for it and you are right, the good stuff at the store is expensive! This looks great Katie!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

It’s so easy to make yet when we feel too busy its the last thing we think to make. I just finished up my last few tablespoons this morning. I’ll be making some more this weekend!

16. Lauren @ Healthy Delicious posted on February 25, 2014 at 9:39 am (#)

Love the vanilla almond combo!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Lauren!

17. Rebecca {foodie with family} posted on February 25, 2014 at 8:15 pm (#)

Homemade granola is one of my weaknesses. I love how many big clumps you have in the picture!

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Thanks Rebecca. I love when I can achieve big clumps in my granola recipes! :)

18. Liz posted on February 26, 2014 at 9:04 pm (#)

Granola perfection! And only 4 ingredients???? LOVE it! I may have to add a few dried cherries to the mix…

• Katie replied on February 27th, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Liz–I normally always add in some dried fruit but because I was trying to keep it simple I left them out–I’m sure this granola would be great with dried fruit in it as well!

19. Cindy posted on March 11, 2014 at 10:15 pm (#)

Sounds great, but do you think it would work with honey instead of agave nectar?

• Katie replied on June 9th, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Hi Cindy–Yes you can definitely substitute honey instead of agave nectar. The taste will just be altered depending on what type of honey you use (clover vs, orange blossom, etc).

20. PDBomm posted on March 30, 2014 at 3:38 pm (#)

Making granola for the first time — right now. Searched for a simple recipe with ingredients and I love and landed on yours! Can’t wait to see how it turns out! I’m replacing a percentage of the almonds with hazelnuts, just for the heck of it, but otherwise following your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

• Katie replied on June 9th, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Hi–glad you found my recipe and hope your granola turned out great!

21. Jen posted on June 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm (#)

This recipe sounds delicious! What changes, if any, should I make if I’m using old-fasioned rolled oats (need to eat these since they’re low-glycemic and the quick oats are high)? Can’t wait to try – thank you for sharing! :)

• Katie replied on June 17th, 2014 at 3:27 pm

It doesn’t matter what type of oats you use–either one will work (I’ve tested both)!

1. Pingback: 4 Homemade Granola Recipes You Can Make in Half an Hour or Less | Mama Healthy

2. Pingback: 4 Homemade Granola Recipes You Can Make in Half an Hour or Less | nWhy

3. Pingback: 4 Homemade Granola Recipes You Can Make in Half an Hour or LessHealthy Living | Healthy Living

4. Pingback: 4 Homemade Granola Recipes You Can Make in Half an Hour or Less - Everything Sugar

5. Pingback: 4 Homemade Granola Recipes You Can Make in Half an Hour or Less | Women Magazine News

6. Pingback: 52 Back-to-School Homemade Granola Recipes