Give life to plain butter popcorn with an easy recipe for s’mores popcorn. Mix together popcorn with s’mores toppings for the ultimate summertime treat!
I’m so excited to kick of July with a new popcorn recipe. This time it’s a mash-up of my favorite summertime treat; s’mores. Add in the popcorn and you have the best of both worlds. I’m back to sharing delicious and unique popcorn recipes again. Popcorn is always a crowd pleaser and I find that most people forget that you can transform a plain bowl of popcorn in minutes. Whether your entertaining friends and family, hosting a sleepover, or just making a bowl for the family to snack on you have endless options. Back in May I shared my recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Popcorn. It’s pretty amazing if you haven’t tried it yet. It’s a nice salty/buttery popcorn. This popcorn satisfies my salty/sweet tooth.
Back in May, my friends at Barlean’s sent me a Lékué popcorn maker. Instant. Game. Changer. It’s the simplest way to get your popcorn fix and is easily storable in your kitchen or even your office at work. I even brought our popcorn maker on our beach trip last weekend. Such an easy and healthy snack for both kids and adults. I’m officially popcorn obsessed (again). Which is why I’ve been dreaming/cooking up some fun new popcorn recipes!
I started with my base popcorn mix. I used a scoop of popcorn kernels, Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil and a pinch of salt. Once the popcorn was cooked I added in the toppings. I mixed in mini marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers. Then I drizzled on the milk chocolate. I set it in the refrigerator for a little bit so that the chocolate can harden and then dig in. However, for picture purposes I kept the chocolate soft so you could see just have velvety the chocolate is on this popcorn. Of course, you don’t have to place it in the refrigerator. Just be prepared for messy chocolatey hands. Especially if your letting the kids eat this s’mores popcorn snack!
This popcorn satisfies bot the sweet and salty side of me and perfect for a summertime movie! If you want to switch up your popcorn routine just grab a few extra supplies and make my version of s’mores popcorn!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Lékué PopCorn Maker
- 1/4 cup Organic Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tablespoon Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, crumbled
- 1 milk chocolate bar, melted
- Using a Lékué PopCorn Maker; place 1/4 cup of JollyTime Organic Popcorn Kernels, 1 tablespoon Barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the lid on the popcorn maker and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until popping slows.
- Carefully remove popcorn maker from the microwave and set to the side.
- Begin sprinkling on the mini marshmallows and graham cracker. Toss so that the ingredients are evenly distributed. Set the popcorn to the side.
- Chop chocolate and melt in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until melted. Mix in between and be careful to not burn the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour on top of the popcorn. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened (or eat immediately with an abundance of napkins)!
Katie Original Recipe