Summer is in the air and what better way then to celebrate with a light and refreshing Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner. Yes–an entire dinner created on one pan. I’m all about simplicity and lessening the dish load. I’ve been making this meal at least every other week since my daughter was born. It’s easy to put together (about 10 minutes total) and an even easier clean-up. Bonus points, my toddler loves this dinner too. One thing I’ve learned to do to really simplify this meal is to make the marinade a head of time. I’ll buy a huge pack of chicken from my local whole sale club, then I make my marinade in each bag, portion out the chicken and freeze! Easy as that. Then all I have to do is thaw and bake when I’m ready to serve dinner! This method has been a life-saver for me and I hope that my little secret tip helps you speed up the dinner process.
I incorporated a few boneless skinless chicken breast with baby potatoes that I quartered, and our favorite spring seasonal vegetable; asparagus, to make the ideal weeknight dinner. Best of all you can make the marinade the night prior and let your chicken soak up all the delicious flavor of the lemon, garlic and parsley. Then the next day, just lop off the ends of the asparagus and quarter the baby potatoes. Place the marinated chicken breast on a sheet pan. Then, mix the leftover marinade from the chicken on the potatoes and pour it on a large rimmed sheet pan. Strategically place the asparagus and let your dinner bake in the oven!
This entire meal is cooked in just 35 minutes! Potatoes are fork tender, and the chicken is juicy and full of flavor! By using lots of lemon in this recipe you reduce the amount of salt you need to add to your meal. Lemon, can trick your taste buds and make you think that the dish is salty–when in reality it’s not. That’s why I love cooking with it so much. I love salt, but try to limit my salt intake (as we all should). So if your looking to change up dinner and looking for an easy dinner to make then I definitely challenge you to make my Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner for your family this week.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner
- ¼ cup olive oil + 1 teaspoon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 24 baby potatoes quartered
- 1 lemon sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade; mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Place the chicken breast in the marinade and coat each side. Let it sit in the bowl.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus off and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Make sure the tips have oil on them.
- Next, place the chicken breast on the baking sheet. Do not discard the marinade. Add the quartered baby potatoes to the marinade bowl. Toss to coat potatoes then pour on the baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinade on top of the potatoes. Arrange so that the potatoes are sitting flat on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional salt and black pepper if desired. Then, place the lemon slices on top of the chicken, potatoes and asparagus.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes (uncovered) or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven, divide evenly among plates and enjoy.