Halloween Candy Skillet Cookie #HalloweenTreatsWeek
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
My family skillet cookies! When I started brainstorming Halloween themed recipes I knew I had to make a Halloween Candy Skillet Cookie. This is the absolute best way to use up at least 2-3 handfuls of chocolate. I used a similar method to my Halloween Candy Cookies, but in the skillet form and added the oh-so cute Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Haunted House mix into my cookie. Because let’s face it–sprinkles make everything so much better.
What candy do you use for a Halloween skillet cookie?
I like to use whatever my child brings home; however, I am strategic in the flavor pairings. I know my kids don’t like coconut so I don’t put any almond joys in the skillet. Nor do I put any peanut m&m’s for choking reasons. But honestly… the sky is the limit. Here is what I put in my cookie skillet.
- Hershey Miniature Chocolate Bars
- Kit Kat Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Milk Dud’s
How do you make a skillet cookie?
You start a skillet cookie the same way you make traditional cookies. I use a KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream together the Dixie Crystals Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar with salted butter. Most people use unsalted butter for cookies but I prefer salted. It’s what my mom always used, so it’s what I use.
I love using Adams Extract ClearVan; however, since it’s a cookie and brown in color you don’t have to use clear you can use traditional Vanilla Extract. I just love the Adams Brand.
After you’ve mixed all of your wet ingredients together, you’ll start to add in the flour. Lastly all the chopped chocolate candies. The last 5 seconds of mixing I add in the sprinkles. Before placing the batter in the skillet. I grease the skillet one last time with vegetable oil. Then wipe it clean with a paper towel. Pat down the batter then I sprinkle Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Haunted House sprinkles on top of the cookie batter. They will bake right into the top of the cookie.
So if your looking at another way to use up all that leftover Halloween candy and you don’t want to make individual cookies–the skillet cookie is the way to go!
Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Adams Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate Halloween candy, unwrapped and chopped
- 1/2 cup m&m candies
- 3 tablespoons Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Haunted House, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; beat the room temperature butter, Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar and Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar together for 1 minute on medium speed until creamy. Then add in the eggs, Adams Extract Clear Vanilla, and baking soda. Mix again for 3o seconds.
- Add the all-purpose flour to the mixture, and mix on low for 20 seconds then medium speed for 40 seconds until well incorporated. Stop the mixer, add in the chocolate chips, chopped chocolate Halloween candy, m&m's and 2 tablespoons of the sprinkles. Mix on low for 10-15 seconds until just incorporated.
- Grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil. Wipe it clean so it's just greased but not puddling. Then scoop the cookie batter into the skillet. Flatten with a silicone spatula and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sprinkles on top of the cookie.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Carefully, remove the skillet from the oven and let rest in skillet for 30 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve.
Notes: *If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a handheld mixer.
**You can use whatever chocolate Halloween candy you have on hand.
Katie Original Recipe
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74