A few months ago I started introducing my son to a wide variety of foods. One being these baby approved beef meatballs. Most meatballs have lots of filler in them. Not these. I use lean ground beef, shredded spinach and minced up match stick carrots combined with a little garlic powder and cooked mashed sweet potatoes! All good nutritious ingredients that my son loves.
- ⅓ lb lean organic ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced matchstick carrots
- 3 tablespoon cooked smashed sweet potato cooled
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together the lean organic ground beef, fresh spinach, minced carrots, smashed sweet potato and garlic powder.
- Using a small OXO cookie scoop, begin scooping the raw meat and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.