Thank you Stonyfield Organics and King Arthur Flour for sponsoring today’s recipe! As always, all opinions are my own.
Looking to feed a crowd? Make this recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Yogurt Coffeecake–your family and friends will be impressed by this easy to make cake!
Holy smokes. I’ve been eating and testing coffeecake recipes for what feels like years–okay maybe it really has been years since I’ve been eating coffeecake since I was a little girl! I’ve been in search of the perfect, moist and flavorful coffeecake for probably the last 5 years. I’ve tested countless recipes… and then I came across this recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Yogurt Coffeecake from King Arthur Flour. Hands down–this is the holy grail of coffeecake recipes. I’ve made sour cream coffee cakes in the past but never with yogurt. So when my friends at Stonyfield challenged us to bake something using King Arthur Flour I started brainstorming ideas. And then coffeecake came to mind. Since I’m not a skilled from scratch baker I found this recipe on the King Arthur Flour website and gave it a test run.
I’ll be the first to admit that it was a little labor intensive. However, so so worth it in every way! You’ll prep the topping and then the filling followed by the actual cake batter. First up, I used King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour for the batter and topping! It’s the only flour I use in my home, so this collaboration was a match made in heaven for me. I used Stonyfield Organic 100% Grassfed Vanilla Yogurt for this recipe. If you’ve never tried the grassfed yogurt it comes from cows who graze naturally on lush grass, and gives yogurt a rich and unique flavor. I find that it’s a little thinner than traditional yogurt and much more creamier. And like all Stonyfield products, 100% Grassfed is organic, non-GMO and made without the use of artificial hormones. I can find the grassfed yogurt at my local Whole Foods and The Fresh Market. Check the product locator on the Stonyfield page to find out where you can buy Stonyfield Organic 100% Grassfed Yogurt.
So if your like me and love coffeecake. Look no further–try no other recipes. Your search for the best coffeecake recipe is right here. Gather all the supplies and make this recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Yogurt Coffeecake!
Cinnamon Streusel Yogurt CoffeeCake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Make the topping by whisking together the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter, stirring until well combined. Set the topping to the side.
- Make the filling by mixing together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Set it aside.
- To make the cake: In a large bowl, beat together the butter, salt, sugars, baking powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream or yogurt and milk till well combined. You don’t need to whisk out all the lumps.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture alternately with the milk/sour cream mixture, beating gently to combine.
- Pour/spread half the batter (a scant 3 cups) into the prepared pan(s), spreading all the way to the edges. If you’re using two 9″ round pans, spread 1 1/3 cups batter in each pan.
- Sprinkle the filling evenly on the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter atop the filling. Use a table knife to gently swirl the filling into the batter, as though you were making a marble cake. Don’t combine filling and batter thoroughly; just swirl the filling through the batter.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter in the pan.
- Bake the cake until it’s a dark golden brown around the edges; medium-golden with no light patches showing on top, and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes for the 9″ x 13″ pan, 50 to 55 minutes for the 9″ round pans. When pressed gently in the middle, the cake should spring back.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve cake right from the pan.