Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies have a classic cookie base with the flavors of mint and chocolate combined in one cookie! I dare you to have just one!
I’ve partnered up with OXO Good Grips and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to to raise awareness by joining the mission to find a cure for pediatric cancer. I helped by “Baking a Difference”. I created a video that walks you through step-by-step on how to make these tasty and easy-to-make Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies.
Are you interested in helping? You can Be a Good Cookie, too!
Make a difference by joining the mission to find a cure for pediatric cancer. There are many ways to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Hosting a bake sale is a sweet and simple way for people everywhere to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer. Send our cookies for birthdays, anniversaries, or just because. Our cookies taste as good to eat as they feel to give.
I hope you enjoyed my video! For those who are interested in baking this minty cookie recipe at home below you’ll find the printable recipe. I really do love that Andes has taken all the work out of chopping the mint pieces! This cookie recipes make 48 cookies. That can be a lot of cookies if you are just looking for a few to snack on. Whenever I have a sweet tooth and make cookies. I typically just bake one batch and then form the dough into a log and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If I haven’t used it by that point I’ll place it in a freezer ziplock bag for up to 3 months. If I do the freezer option I’ll try to divide my dough accordingly so I don’t have to thaw out all the dough at once. For this type of recipe I would go ahead and pre-make the dough balls so that way you can take them out of the freezer and let them thaw out on the cookie sheet and then bake! Never feel obligated to bake the whole batch. That is unless you are baking for a bake sale or feeding a hungry crowd!
Adapted from: Andes Mints
Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Stove Top
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 10 oz. package Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
- 2-⅔ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the oven is preheating blend butter, brown and white sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until well incorporated.
- Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Mix until just incorporated. Once the dough is complete chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Measure out 1 ounce of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten.
- Raise oven rack one level above the middle and bake on non-stick baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on pan for at least 5 minutes once out of the oven then place on a wire rack.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!