Chewy Chocolate Cherry Cookies are sure to please anyone who craves chocolate. A twist on a classic chocolate cookie. These cookies are chewy, full of flavor, and filled with chocolate chips and dried cherries. Best of all, they are just 84 calories a cookie!
Today is the big cookie-swap reveal day for the second annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap organized by the amazing Julie of The Little Kitchen and Lindsay from Love & Olive Oil! These ladies worked their butts off to ensure that food bloggers all over the world could exchange cookies. A big thank you to them for all the hard work on this much appreciated event!
This year, the ladies added an extra step to the cookie swap. Everyone who participated donated $4 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. According to Julie’s (personal) Facebook page over $2200 was raised this year and my friends at OXO matched it so that means over $4400 in total was raised by the Great Food Blogger Cookie swap!!!
I made these Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Cookies back in August, and then made them again in September, and then when I signed up for the Cookie Swap, I remembered that I had yet to blog about these cookies I instantly knew that these would be the cookies I would send out to my three lucky recipients! Plus these cookies are only 80 calories a cookie–a plus in my book (although you would never know because they are super moist and decadent)!
Unique Cookie Recipes
If you make these Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Cookies, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, then lightly fill measuring cup and level off. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (stir).
- In a large bowl, place sugar and butter in bowl and beat using a mixer on high until well combined. Then add vanilla and egg and beat. Place the mixer on a low speed and slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl; beat just until well combined. Then, fold in dried cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- Spray a cookie tray with cooking spray. Then drop a tablespoon full of batter on to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees (or just until set). Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then remove the cookies from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.