Easy Homemade Chili Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup of diced onions
- ¼ cup frozen corn optional
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon each: oregano & dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon each: garlic powder & red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon each of parsley ground black pepper, and salt
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15.5 oz. can light red kidney beans with juice
- 1 15.5 oz. can dark red kidney beans with juice
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese and green onions *optional for each bowl
- In a large skillet add ground beef, garlic, minced jalapeño, and onions. Cook until beef is brown about 10 minutes. Drain any fat/grease from the skillet.
- Add all of the seasonings above to the ground beef mixture, and stir well. Add can of tomatoes, kidney beans with juice, and frozen corn (optional and not pictured). Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes then reduce down to low and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve each bowl with shredded cheddar cheese and green onions.