- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bread Pudding with Warm Butter Sauce
- 8 cups stale French or Sourdough bread cubed (1 loaf)
- 2 cups milk I used ½ cup half and half and 1-½ cups rice milk
- 1-½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup raisins if they are old soak them in a bowl of water for 5-10 minutes to bring them back to life and plump them up!
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8 x8 glass pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the stale bread into cubes. In a large bowl stir together bread cubes and milk. Stir in sugar, melted butter, eggs, raisins, vanilla, almond flavoring, and cinnamon. Make sure all of the bread is moist. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour to until middle is set and top is golden brown. Serve with butter sauce.