I’m always looking for new and easy fish recipes since my husband is always going fishing and constantly bring back fish! This is by far one of the easiest and tastiest fish recipes around! I found this recipe in the Super Suppers Cookbook on page 117. I’ve changed nothing since it doesn’t need anything!
Fish in a Flash
- 4 whitefish fillets such as tilapia, grouper, black drum, triple tail, cod, or sole
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion garlic powder, and crushed basil
- ½ teaspoon salt and lemon-pepper seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs, parsley flakes, onion, garlic powder, basil, salt, lemon-pepper seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush both sides of fish fillets with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Coat both sides of fish fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fish in a single layer; fry fish for 1 minute. Turn carefully; fry 2 to 3 minutes more until fish is flaky.