This is an easy make-ahead meal that can be semi-prepped, kept in the fridge (for a day or two) or froze for later use (and thawed out the day before) to make a scrumptious meal! This is another fabulous recipe from the Super Supper cookbook on page 84! I’ve altered this recipe a tad to make it packed with more vegetables than what it’s called for!
Chicken and White Bean Chili
- 2 chicken breast cooked and diced OR leftover shredded rotisserie chicken.
- 1 can white beans with juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 onion diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 rib of celery diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp each; chili powder chicken base, cumin, and minced garlic
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- dollop of sour cream per bowl of chili and shredded cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cook chicken breast until internal temperature reaches 165. If you already have chicken available you do not need to complete this step.
- Wash and dice all vegetables needed for recipe.
- In a container (if your making for another day) or a sauce pot if you are making to consume right away. Place 1 tbsp of EVOO in pan; add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper and saute until tender.
- Then add the can of diced chiles, diced/shredded chicken, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, chicken base, cumin, frozen corn, and mix. Add one cup of water and stir again. Place lid on the pot and cook on medium heat until bubbling.
- Once the chili is done place in a bowl and top with sour cream & shredded cheese (optional).