By far this is our favorite burger to make, and yet we don’t make it often enough… maybe 2-3 times a year. Jon and I ate at Johnny’s Fillin Station here in Orlando a few years and were inspired by some of there burger pairings… this is how the Mexican Burger came to life at our home! On this particular night Jon’s oldest brother, Adam, came over to eat dinner with us. He had never had our (or for that matter any) Mexican style burgers before. He devoured it and was very thankful he decided to come over for dinner that night!
A thick, juicy burger is the perfect way to play with flavors. This Mexican burger is piled high with all the goodies.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper you can add another teaspoon if you really like things spicy
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon salsa per burger this is so the liquid doesn't water down the bread. Strained
- 1 package of wholly guacamole or you can make your own
- ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar for each burger
- 4 slices bacon cooked crispy
- 1 box of Texas Toast Garlic Bread 8 slices in a box
- 4 dashes of each spice: McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika
- Preheat grill and clean.
- In a large mixing bowl combine meat, jalapeno, onion, garlic and seasonings. Mix until well blended.
- Take your hand and make an "X" with the meat. This will help you divide the burgers evenly. Make 4 equal patties in an oval shape (not a circle) so that the patties will fit perfectly on the Texas Toast.
- Place the burgers on the grill with a low-medium temperature setting.
- Pre-heat and place the Texas Toast in the oven 8 minutes prior to burgers being done. Follow the box for cooking directions.
- Once your burger is cooked to your liking (we like them well), pull the burger off the grill.
- Lay a slice of Texas Toast on each plate. Then place burger on each piece of toast, followed by shredded cheese, bacon, strained fresh salsa, and guacamole. Place the other slice of Texas Toast on the side of the burger so your family/friends can see the true beauty of this burger!
Choose your level of spice with different guacamole, cheese, and salsa.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 157IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @KatieJasiewicz or tag #katiescucina!
That guac loaded on top is killing me!! Looks awesome.
Thanks Lauren… isn’t everything better with guac? Excuse the horrid photo–this was taken before I knew anything about food photography!