I’ve adapted the dipping sauce recipe from Tyler Florence’s Calamari Fritti recipe into my own version of homemade marinara sauce! I love this sauce and it’s so versatile, you can make triple the serving and freeze the leftovers for later!
Homemade Marinara Sauce
I love this sauce and it’s so versatile, you can make triple the serving and freeze the leftovers for later!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves hand-torn
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Pinch sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of the oil and warm over medium heat. Add the garlic and basil; cook, stirring, until soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining olive oil.
- Serve on top of your favorite pasta or use as a dipping sauce with fried calamari.
Make this ahead and store in the freezer for quick and easy dinners.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 253IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @KatieJasiewicz or tag #katiescucina!
I love tyler–this looks tasty!!
i've been looking for a recipe to start making my own sauce – this looks great!