This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #SmithfieldRealFresh #CollectiveBias
I asked and I’ve heard it loud and clear… you guys want easy weeknight meals. So do I and I consider that a win-win in my book. I’ve been working on a wide-variety of Instant Pot meals to make your weeknight dinner faster and still delicious. I partnered with my friends at Smithfield® again to share this easy recipe for Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Pearl Onions. All you have to do is add a side like noodles, rice, or even mashed potatoes and dinner is done. Best of all, this meal is done in about 30 minutes. No longer, do you need to save fresh pork tenderloins for the weekend. You can enjoy them all week long thanks to the Instant Pot. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever cook a pork tenderloin in the oven again. What I love about Smithfield® is that their marinated fresh pork has all-natural ingredients include pork broth, vinegar, salt and spices. They only use ingredients you can pronounce. Which is the number 1 reason they are my go-to for a quick meal!
My friends at Smithfield® currently have a fun drawing and you’ll be entered to win a prepaid gift card. All you have to do is visit SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFresh.com between Sept 5-28 to vote for the best dinner time-saving tip or trick featuring Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork.
Where can I buy Smithfield Fresh Pork Loin Filets?
You can find them at most Walmarts. Just go to their website to find the location nearest you. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork provides Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast… they provide real solutions for real life. You can find it in the pork section at your local store. Right now, Ibotta, the digital coupon app is offering $1 off Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. I’ve become slightly obsessed with Ibotta. I’m not a “couponer” by any stretch of the imagination, and this app is perfect for those of us who do not like to clip coupons. It’s all digital and I find myself browsing it before I go grocery shopping. Most of the time I’ll find a handful of items that I already had on my list. I just started using the app a few months ago and I’ve already earned $75 in cash. I’m waiting to cash it out until October so I have extra Christmas money to shop with.
Can you cook more then one pork loin filet in your Instant Pot?
Yes! I’ve tested this and you can cook two–just try to not stack them on top of each other. As you see in the photo you’ll need to cut your pork tenderloin in half so that it will fit inside the Instant Pot. You will need to add a few extra minutes on the cooking time if you cook two at once. I would also suggest adding more carrots and pearl onions too if you are feeding more people that way you don’t have to worry about needing additional vegetable side dishes.
Can you enjoy pork loin at medium temperature?
Yes! typically medium-to-medium well is between 145-150 degrees Fahrenheit before resting. You can also enjoy it at well done which is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I created this recipe to yield a more medium-well to well temperature pork. I’m a traditionalist and like pork more toward the well-done side. Just use, a meat thermometer to gauge the true internal temperature of the pork.
Best of all about this meal–we had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. I always try to make enough food to feed at least my husband if not myself the next day. You can serve it the same way or use it as the protein on a sandwich or place on fresh marinated pork on top of a salad. The options are endless. By making a little extra food at dinnertime it helps cut down on our weekly grocery bill. We have a family of four, but our children are still little and not eating full adult-size portions just yet. My son and daughter LOVED this meal. I’m glad when I went to Walmart I picked up a few extra fresh pork tenderloins. I froze the extra so I can make a quick meal on a whim.
Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Pearl Onions
- Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1.5 pounds Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 cup water divided
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the Instant Pot to "saute" setting.
- When the Instant Pot reads "HOT" pour the grapeseed oil in the pot. Then using kitchen sheers, cut the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Fresh Pork Loin Filet in half. Place the pork loin filet in the Instant Pot. Sear on all sides for 8 minutes *turning every few minutes.
- Once the pork has a nice crust to the exterior, remove and place on a plate.
- Add in the pearl onions, baby carrots, and ½ cup of water. Using a wooden spoon scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot. Mix for 1 minute.
- Then place the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Fresh Pork Loin Filets on top of the carrot/onion mixture.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal and make sure the valve is set to "sealing". Cancel the "saute" then select "manual". Set the timer to 7 minutes.
- Once the pork loin filets are done cooking let the Instant Pot naturally release for 7 minutes. Carefully, force the remaining steam out of the Instant Pot and then remove the lid.
- Place the pork, onions, and carrots on a plate.
- Select "saute" and let the broth come to a boil. While the broth simmers mix together the remaining ½ cup of water and cornstarch to create a slurry. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. Whisk until gravy is thick. Turn the Instant Pot.
- Slice the pork loin filet into 1-inch thick slices. Top with gravy and serve with carrots and onions. Enjoy immediately.
- Pork Tenderloin – Any brand pork tenderloin will work. Just know that depending on the flavor will depend on the flavor of the vegetables and gravy. If you use a plain pork tenderloin season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder prior to searing.
- Serving Suggestions – Serve this meal with egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Cook while the pork and vegetables are cooking.
- Leftover Storage – Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.